Odd beginnings

Tick, Tick, Tick

The clock on the wall ticked with every passing second. I sighed as I readjusted my mask.

My ears perked up when I heard footsteps, the door creaked open, the light from the room fighting with the darkness from the hallway. Price walked in with his cup of coffee and his files in hand.

I cleared my throat and he jumped almost spilling his coffee before sighing.

Price: "mornin Rodent, up early like always are we"

Rodent: "couldn't sleep......like usual"

He clicked his tongue before sitting down at the head of the table, he arranged and un arranged his files till they fit his liking. One thing about Price he was a raging perfectionist......

The door opened and in walked Ghost, he sat down across the table from me, his eyes boring into me. No one was more of a perfectionist than Mr. Simon Ghost Riley.

As time went on the rest of the team filled into the room, Ghosts eyes never left me though, and mine never left his. I didn't like the way things ended but hey, he ended them.

A loud cough filled them room drawing me out of my thoughts, my ears shooting up as I turned and looked at Price.

Price: "today's meeting is on the next mission. We have information on the shadows, moving cartel over sea."

He pointed at the map on the table.

Price: "well infiltrate here at the half way point. Ghost, Soap, Rodent. You'll be our water team, your job is to stay at the side of the boat out of sight while Rodent you find a way under the boat to the hatch to open it."

Shit. I couldn't swim and fuck deep waters. I tensed and rolled my shoulders readjusting the way I was sitting. His eyes never left, he knew.

He continued listing off everyone's jobs, I zoned out blocking it out. How would I do this, how would I do a water mission. Fuck don't let them see your weakness.

Price: "we leave at midnight. Meeting closed"

Everyone stood up and left and so did I.

Price: "rodent. A word"

Fuck me. I walked over to him and looked up at him.

Price: "you said you're not sleeping still? In your file it said you suffered with such things but we figured it was just the area you were kept"

I looked down and I felt the straps on my skull loosen. He removed my skull sitting it on the table. He cupped my chin with his hand and lifted my eyes to meet his.

His soft blue eyes meeting mine. His calloused warm hand gripping my jaw. My tail wagged softly.

Price: "do you want me to fix it? I can get something prescribed?"

I knew better then to say no. I nodded my head softly, my eyes not breaking his.

Price: "that's a good pup."

He firmly let go of my chin before setting my skull back on my head and clipping the strap.

Price: "I expect to see you at training."