"Bonding"

WARNING: Topics of body dysphoria and SH

No? What did he mean no? I shrugged my shoulders and unpacked my clothes putting them in the dresser. I plugged in my phone and laptop, threw my meds on the bedside table when I froze looking at my empty bag. Shit.

Ghost: what did you forget.

He groaned as he looked at me.

Rodent: my weighted blanket.....

Ghost: really? Are you a child?

I looked up at him slowly. He looked back at his bag and continued unpacking, I sighed as I grabbed my shower stuff and walking to the bathroom. I closed the door softly, locking it as I removed my mask laying it on the countertop, I ran my fingers over the cold tile as I looked into the mirror, my face was dirty, sweaty, acne was forming, my eyelashes where ingrown, my mohawk was heavily outgrown, my brown roots making the bright blue look murky. It had been so long since I had time to take care of myself.

I sighed as I removed my shirt, my top surgery scars sticking out like a sore thumb, my non defined abs, I had slacked off with achieving the body I wanted and started gaining the weight again. I observed my body, the scars covering the soft tan flesh, I flexed in the mirror, I wasn't me. I slammed my fist into the mirror, the glass shattering as it fell onto the counter, warm tears started to fall down my face as I looked down at the counter, my hand stung.

It had been so long since I felt that pain, I swore I wouldn't get addicted to it again but god it felt reliving. I looked at my hand, glass shards stuck in my hand around my knuckles and fingers, the shiny gold spilling from my hand I sighed as I wiped the tears from my face looking back in the shattered mirror when my ears twitched. I turned slowly and Ghost was standing in the doorway.

His eyes said it all, he looked at the shattered mirror, then to me, the scars on my chest, the gold blood running down my hand, accenting the marble counter top, my face. He didn't say a word, just stared.

Rodent: l-look I-

He walked towards you grabbing your hand softly, you hissed as he touched it. He sighed before opening the drawer under the bathroom sink pulling out a first aid kit. He opened it pulling out, tweezers, gauze, and disinfectant.

Rodent: I don't need you to baby me I can take care of it myself.

He didn't say a word. He just softly held your hand as he took the tweezers pulling the glass out of your hand. You hissed at the pain. He removed every piece of glass, disposing them in the trash can. He took disinfectant dabbing it on the wounds. It burned really bad, you tried to not react to keep that "manly" appearance.

He chuckled as he shook his head.

Ghost: you don't gotta act so tough.

Rodent: what?

He wrapped the gauze around your hand softly securing it making sure it wouldn't move.

Ghost: you don't gotta act so manly. I won't see you differently.

Rodent: how do you see me then. After.....

Ghost: still just a dumb mutt.

I snarled but before I could say anything my tail started wagging. He just chuckled again as he cleaned the glass off the counter.