Home

Rodent: hey captain.

Price: hey rodent. I got the information, impressive good work. I'll send the driver to pick you guys up tonight and bring you back early.

I hung up the phone and sighed. Finally back home. I continued reading over information when ghost walked into the kitchen and started unpacking grocery's and laying things out to cook.

Ghost: who was that?

Rodent: Price. We get to go home.

He nodded and looked at you. He could tell you felt insecure. He continued prepping the food. He got out a pan and started cooking the chicken. The sizzling drowned out your thoughts.

I got up and walked to the bedroom. I froze. On the bed was a bouquet of exotic flowers. I heard a soft chuckle from the kitchen. I shook my head as a soft smile crept across my face. I picked up the bouquet softly, the flowers where beautiful, the rare flowers I've never seen before.

I sat them back on the bed and walked back to the kitchen and seen a bagel prepared next to my laptop. It smelt amazing. I sat back down at the counter and picked up half of it taking a big bite of it. It was fucking amazing. I tried to take another bite with my mouth full.

Ghost: ay! It's not gonna run away.

I rolled my eyes and finished chewing my first bite before taking another one. He chuckled softly and started eating his eggs and chicken. Standing on the other side of the counter.

——Time pass——

I finished packing my bags. I looked at the flower bouquet, I softly placed it on top of my bag. I grabbed my bags and walked down the hall to the elevator. The elevator dinged and I walked through the lobby outside. It was raining once again. I placed my bag in the trunk. I got in the backseat and Ghost was already in the backseat, his mask covering his face one again. I yawned as we drove off.

——More time passes——

I woke up and we where in another different vehicle. I lifted my head and saw Ghost with his head laying against the car window. He was sleeping peacefully. I yawned as I saw lights ahead. See where finally home.

I looked at my watch. Midnight. The car finally came to a stop and as if he hadn't been sleeping ghost sat up and opened the car door. I got out of the car and grabbed my belongings walking into the base.

I walked down the hall to my room. I pulled out my keys and jammed them in the door. I pushed open the door and turned on my lamp. I set my bag on my bed and when I turned around Ghost was already in his room with the door closed. I sighed closing my door.

I started unpacking my bag. Placing my things where they belonged. I grabbed a old clay vase I had filling it with water from the bathroom. I placed the flowers in the vase and set the vase on my desk. I sat on my bed and started taking off my shoes.

I finished undressing and slid on a pair of boxers and crawled into bed under the blankets. I sighed as I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

——Night passes——

I woke up and checked my phone. The bright light blinding me. 3:51 am. I groaned and sat up rustling my hair. I put on my glasses and walked to the bathroom. I flipped on the light. The cool tiles on my feet.

I prepared my tooth brush and started brushing my teeth. I splashed water on my face. I looked into the mirror. Was I just a cruel joke. No your overthinking it. You haven't even spoke to him today.

I walked out of the bathroom and put on my uniform. Had another mission today. Back to back missions where draining but the brake was always worth it. I put on my old ram skull. I put a pack of cigarettes, a lighter, a pen and my knife in my pocket.

I walked out of my room, locking the door behind me and walked towards the kitchen. I was the only one up. My boots softly thudded against the ground. I turned on the kitchen light and started to make a pot of coffee when my ears perked to the deep cough.

I turned around and ghost was walking through the doorway beside me. He retch overtop of me grabbing his mug and setting it on the counter. Not a word though. I cleared my throat hoping to break the silence but failed.

I sighed as I poured my mug full of coffee and walked outside. I walked outside and sat on the stone stairs and set my coffee cup beside me. The air was brisk and chill, the stars covered the sky. I pulled a pack of cigarettes out of my pocket and a lighter.

I placed the cigarette between my lips and lit it. The bright amber color illuminating my face for only a second before fading. I inhaled, the sharp sting of the smoke down my wind pipe. It was comforting. I exhaled the smoke, it flooding out of my balaclava.

I picked up my coffee cup taking a slow sip of it, the warm dark brew warming my body against the cold breeze of the outside. My ears perked as I heard soft steps behind me. I acted like he wasn't there.

Ghost: I know you know I'm here.

I stayed quiet taking another sip of coffee. His sigh was anything but reassuring.

Ghost: look what happened on that mission it-

Rodent: it wasn't supposed to happen.....

He shifted at your sharp tone.

Rodent: gotta stay professional lieutenant.

I put out my cigarette on the stone steps as my watch beeped.

Rodent: duty calls.

I grabbed my coffee cup walking past him back to the kitchen. I dumped the coffee down the drain, sitting my cup in the sink. I walked down the hall to the briefing room. Opening the door and flipping on the light as I sat down at the side of the table.