Lost and found

One of the shadows slammed the end of there gun into my head, everything went dark and I fell off the boat, I hit the water hard, knocking the breath out of me.

Everything was cold, I parted my eyes as I saw the light fading from the surface of the water as I sank deeper. I closed my eyes as I accepted my fate. This was it.

—— time pass ——

I sat up quickly taking deep breaths. I looked around as I panicked. Where was I. I looked around, I was in a room, I was sitting on a bed with white sheets. It was warm and I was wearing a baggy black shirt and black boxers.

Where was I? Who saved me? I smelt the shirt, I intook the smell. The deep rich musk, the smoke, the dark rain smell. This was Ghosts shirt. How did I get his shirt?

I went to scoot to the edge of the bed and hissed in pain, everything hurt but my side especially. I lifted up the shirt and my side was stitched and banged.

My ears stood apoint as I heard footsteps. The door opened and in walked Ghost. He froze as he saw me conscious. He slowly walked towards me, he retch his hand out slowly before balling up his hand into a fist and bringing it to his side.

He sat down on the edge of the bed beside me, the bed sinking in where he sat. I kept my distance from him, the flashbacks swarming through my head.

I could feel how tense he was by my action.

Ghost: "how do you feel"

Rodent: "like shit"

I gripped my head, my head was throbbing like it would explode.

Ghost: "you have a severe concussion and you broke 3 ribs when you hit the water"

I sighed as I rubbed the bridge of my nose. My ears perked up as Price knocked on the door. He walked in.

Price: "ah your awake good."

He looked at Ghost and Ghost took the cue and left. Price sat down on a chair across from me.

Rodent: "guessing after I heal you'll send me off"

He chuckled before placing his hand on my knee.

Price: "why would we send you off because of our mistake?"

Rodent: "I'm not trustworthy? I came from the opposite team"

He chuckled again before coughing.

Price: "you're staying right here with us. You're really intelligent and are a hard worker and we need that."

He stood and grabbed my chin lightly looking into my eyes.

Price: "plus you're a cute pup. Don't wanna lose you"

My tail wagged softly at his affection. He chuckled softly before letting go of my chin.

Price: "ghost will be taking care of you"

Rodent: "wait, but he has missions"

Price: "he's taking a break, you where out for a week and he was a mental wreck"

My face flushed softly as my tail wagged softly. He did care. Price chuckled again.

Price: "you'll be able to go back to your room today"

I nodded my head as he walked out. As I heard his footsteps fade I stood up and walked to the door. Everything hurt but I didn't care. I looked out the door before quickly walking to Ghosts room.

I knocked on his door lightly. I heard a grumble before the door opened, he looked down at me before cursing under his breath.

Ghost: "what are you doing up"

Rodent: "you care about me"

He froze in confusion arching his eyebrow as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Rodent: "dont play that game. Price told me you where a wreck while I was out"

He cursed under his breath as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. I chuckled at his reaction knowing I was right. I smirked cockily. He growled as he looked down at me.

Ghost: "don't get cocky because someone cares about your well being"

Rodent: "not someone, you. The scary man who cares for no one other then himself"

His eyes darkened dangerously as he cracked his neck. I chuckled again punching his arm my tail wagging softly.

Ghost: "go lay back down"

Rodent: "you even took off to care of me"

He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, his face inches from mine. His hot breath against my face. My tail wagged quicker.

He scoffed and pushed my head down ruffling my hair, he smirked cockily as I looked back up at him.

Ghost: "go lay down"

I crossed my arms over my chest and scoffed. He sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose, he stepped aside and i hummed as I walked into his room. He groaned as he closed the door.

I layed on his bed on my stomach, i deeply inhaled the smell from his bed and exhaled. I could never get over that smell. I looked over and he was sitting at his desk with his mask off.

I starred at him hoping he would turn around so I could see his face. He mumbled under his breath.

Ghost: "I can feel you starring"

I scoffed as I layed my head on my arms, I mumbled under my breath as I flattened my ears. I looked back at him from the corner of my eye.

Rodent: "what are you doing"

Ghost: "filling out paperwork"

Rodent: "for?"

He sighed heavily as he turned and looked at me. His face was so handsome, I could never get over it. The blond beard forming on his face, his blond eye lashes, his blond hair that was slightly grown out of his normal military cut.

Ghost: "do you ever stop asking questions?"

Rodent: "do you ever give a solid answer?"

His eyes darkened again and I chuckled, he turned back around. I scoffed as i stood up and walked behind him, I layed my head on his shoulder as I watched him quickly write stuff down.

Ghost: "papers for my short leave, papers for your injury, papers from the last mission"

Rodent: "why do you do it all?"

Ghost: "everyone has it to"

Rodent: "not all of that"

Ghost: "correct"

I watched him write more, my eyes grew heavy as I yawned. I turned and walked back to his bed. I layed down on his bed, balling up his blankets and wrapping my legs and arms around them. I wrapped my tail around me as my eyes grew heavy and I slowly drifted off to sleep.