Chapter 8

I opened my eyes to blurry vision. What happened? And where the heck am I? This does not feel like my bed or the guest bed so I know I'm not at home. I lay wherever I am trying to piece together my memory and figure out what happened. That's when I remember the blood. So much blood everywhere. Then I remember the events that took place the day before and how I got all the blood on me.

"Haneul" was all I could whisper out. I was angry as I remembered what he had done to me. My vision started clearing up and I heard these beeps coming from the room I was in. I look over to my right arm which has a needle going through it. I jumped up from lying down with my heart racing scared at what was going on.

"Hey, hey you're okay. Calm down." My vision was still a little blurry so I couldn't see who was speaking. I laid back down and blacked out again.

I had woken up again and this time I could see clearly. No one was in the room with me when I woke up. Oh, I guess I was in the hospital. Memories of just a few hours ago came rushing back. I brought myself here. Did I seriously drive in this condition? I could barely keep my eyes open a couple of hours ago let alone being able to safely drive myself here. I got up from the bed and tried to collect myself. My body still ached very much but it was manageable. I looked to my right to see my purse lying on a chair and did my best to reach for it but failed. I tried again and ended up falling out of the bed. Yup, just my luck at times like this. Of course, I'd be the one to fall out of the hospital bed. I let out a low curse as I hit the ground. Now I have to figure out how to get back up there.

"LUNA!" said someone while walking into my room. It was Bada.

"What happened are you alright? Did you open your stitches? Come one" she said lifting me bridal style from the floor to the hospital bed. I could've sworn I asked the doctor not to call Bada. I didn't want her to worry about me anymore. Feeling ashamed, I turned my head from hers. She could sense my change in mood so she quietly sat in the chair next to my bed. Before I could ask what she was doing here, her brother Doctor Lee, walked in.

"Miss Oakley, I see you're up. How are you feeling?" I looked up at him with glaring eyes seeing how he called Bada even though I requested not to.

"I understand you may be upset with my decision to call Bada, but she was the only person I knew to call to get a hold of any of your personal information. I tried checking your purse but there was no wallet or I'd for me to use to register you here and it goes against hospital policy to check a patient's phone without their consent. She was the only person I could think of," the doctor explained. I was still mad Bada was here and he could tell by my attitude.

"Look, when I called her, I just needed her to get me the information of one of your relatives or someone close enough who could put your information in our system. Your other friend Kirsten came down but she had an urgent business to attend when she found out you were in stable condition." my eyes widened when I heard Kirsten's name. She's for sure gonna go big momma bear on me when she gets back. I just nodded my head trying to avoid eye contact with Bada while the doctor checked my vitals.

"Everything seems to look alright but imma need you to stay overnight for observation. There was a deep cut on the bruise from the taser. Luna," the doctor was now looking at me seriously

"I need you to tell me how this happened. The other night when you came in here, the bruise was not this bad. Did that man from the club come back after you again?" He asked in a whisper tone but I know Bada could hear everything when she sat up with her eyes widened.

"No he didn't. This was an accident" was all I could say. The doctor decided to not pry anymore because I wasn't going to give any more information. He took one last pleading look at me but I stood my ground. Doctor Lee left the room leaving Bada and me.