Chapter 19

***WARNING: SCENES OF ABUSE***

When I saw Haneul walk through the door, my mind went blank. He wasn't supposed to be home yet. I thought I could get away for a few days at least until he cooled down, but it's too late. He stormed up to me with one of the angry looks I have come so familiar with lately.

"You were thinking of running away?" He asked hovering over me. I shook my head frantically hoping he would believe me as I pulled some bullshit excuse out of my ass.

"I wasn't leaving Haneul, I was just putting some things up. I went shopping and needed more room in the closet," I said hoping he would believe me. He laughed one of his psychotic laughs. I could see in his eyes that he was losing it.

"You bitch!" he yelled as he grabbed me by my shirt. The tears were now falling as I tried and pull his fist off of my shirt. I kept tugging at his fist but he wouldn't budge.

"Please Haneul, I was just gonna stay with a friend for a few days and come right back. I didn't wanna be home alone while you were away," I lied as his grip on my shirt grew tighter, almost choking me unconscious.

"Luna, you would think by now you got good at lying, but you're still so horrible. I know you were going out to play mommy to those kids," he said as he pulled out his phone and showed me a picture of me holding both of the kid's hands while at the park. I shook my head frantically hoping he would listen to me and know that all of this was one big misunderstanding.

"It's not like that Hanuel. I was helping my friend babysit her nieces and nephew. That's all. We went out today to take them shopping and to eat and then I came straight home after. Nothing else happened," I said as the tears were streaming down my face in fear.

"Yeah right Luna, I know you've been out here screwing some other guys. A virgin won't dance the way you did in that video. So what, we couldn't sleep together for the two almost three years we've been together, but you get to Korea and open your legs for the first person who bats an eye at you?" he said then started his crazy laugh again. I was petrified, to say the least. This man was absolutely insane.

"No Haneul, please," I pleaded as he yanked me to my feet.

"You're not going anywhere Luna," he yelled as he threw my suitcase over my head which hit the tv. The tv came crashing to the ground with a loud thud which made me shake in fear.

"Please Haneul," I pleaded with tears running down my face.

"I told you I would teach you a lesson," was the last this he said before he beat me up. I tried my best to fight back but he was too much. He lifted me off the floor and then slammed me to the ground. I coughed out blood from the hard collision.

"I didn't wanna do this to you Luna but you made it hard for yourself," he said as he pulled me up from the floor. I couldn't take much longer of this so I tried to flee from his grip.

"Let me go!" I screamed as he held onto my right wrist. I was pulling away forcefully trying to get my arm back but he only held on tighter.

"I'm not done with you yet," he said pulling my arm but I had to get away somehow. I spit in his face hoping he would let go. He did indeed let go but that sent me flying backward as he pushed me so freaking hard. I fell onto the glass table in the living room and it shattered beneath me. I could feel the shards of glass all over my back and arms as I lay there on the ground looking up at the ceiling trying to catch my breath. I couldn't move. It felt like my entire body got paralyzed from the fall. Tears were escaping my eyes yet I could feel no wetness on my torn-up face. I was numb.

"L-luna," I heard from a distance. Haneul hovered over me in panic. I guess he thinks he's killed me or something. My eyes don't meet his as I stare into nothingness at the ceiling. The next thing I heard was the front door close and the room fell silent.