Chapter 16

"Hey Bada, imma go upstairs to take this call, I'll be down in a few," I said to Bada.

"No problem, take your time. I'll pause the show," Bada said. I smiled at her and then made my way upstairs. I went into Bada's bedroom because it was the farthest from hearing distance from the stairs. I closed the door and stared at the ringing phone in my hand contemplating my next move. I answered the phone.

"Hello," I said with a dry tone.

"About fucking time you picked up the phone," he said with an annoyed voice.

"I told you not to call or text me again today Haneul, what the fuck do you want?" I asked pissed that I had to talk to him.

"If you ever talk to me like that ever again, I will make you see nothing but pain do you hear me? You will respect me when you talk to me," he said. I inhaled deeply and rolled my eyes. He was pissing me off to the point where I could throw this phone against a wall. It hasn't even been a minute into the call and he's already annoyed me.

"What do you want Haneul," I said with an annoyed tone hoping he'd catch the fucking hint.

"I'm just letting you know that I won't be in town for a few days. I have a business trip I need to attend to. I also wanted to tell you something before I go," he said pausing to make me guess what he wanted.

"What is it Haneul?" I asked fed up with his games.

"I saw the little video you posted with Bada today. You thought it would go unnoticed by me?" he asked. my heart sank at what he might be insinuating.

"You're lucky I have to leave soon or I would've broken that other rib of yours. So you just go out now flaunting your body with other people hmm? You're gonna regret ever thinking about doing a dance like that with anybody. So what, you just wanna humiliate me now, is that it? Take these next few days to relax and be happy because when I get back, you won't be able to hide from me. And don't even think about running away, I'd hate to air out all your business to the world and have those nasty memories brought back up." he said and then hung up the phone leaving me there with a hollowness in my chest.

I was too stunned to comprehend anything at that moment. I didn't think the video would be an issue, especially since Bada and I were just dancing. I had no idea what to do. If I leave, he'll tell the world about my dark past. No company will ever want me to choreograph for them ever again if any of it gets out. They would probably take my cosmetics company away too. I would be left with absolutely nothing, I can't allow that to happen. I've worked too damn hard to get to this point in my life for it to all be taken away from me.

In Bada's room, I paced back and forth trying to figure out what to do. He's gonna literally kill me when he gets back. I went over to the window in Bada's room and looked out at the night sky. Why'd my life have to be like this? I came into this world unwanted and unloved yet it still felt like the world was against me despite all my progress.

Too lost in thought, I didn't hear the door open behind me.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know you came in here, I thought you went to the guest room," Bada said looking up from her phone.

"I'll come back later," she said about to turn but I went over and grabbed her arm.

"You don't have to go, I was finished with my call anyways," I said as I sat on the bed. Bada came and sat next to me.

"I took the brownies out of the oven," Bada said.

"You try them yet?" I asked

"Nope, I wanted to wait for you so we could eat them together," she said smiling at me. Being in Bada's presence always calms my nerves.