Chapter 44

BADA'S POV

I woke up this morning to an empty bed. I thought Luna would've been in the bathroom but she wasn't there either. It wasn't until I heard the faint sound of the tv playing downstairs that I realized where she was.

I walk downstairs rubbing the sleep out of my eyes to find Luna snuggled on the couch wrapped in a blanket. She looked like a cute burrito. She had all the curtains drawn so the only light in the entire downstairs came from the tv. Luna hadn't heard me come up to her.

"Baby?" I say to get her attention. She slowly shifts and looks up at me with tired eyes. She hums out in response.

"Did you sleep down here?" I ask curious. She shook her head no and opened her blanket for me to snuggle with her. I gladly took the offer and sat next to her in the warm blanket.

"No, I couldn't really sleep so I came down here to watch some cartoons. I didn't wanna wake you either. You barely got any sleep last night, sorry about that," she said making a sad face. I could tell she was sad she kept waking me up last night but I wasn't sad or mad about it. I would pull fifty all nighters with her if I have to.

"I'm sorry you couldn't sleep too well last night. And don't apologize for keeping me up love. You and your well being comes first." I tell her as we sank deeper into the couch while watching an old SpongeBob episode that played on the tv. She nodded her head and laid on my chest as we cuddled together.

"You got any plans today?" She asks me.

"I'm teaching a class with Lusher later. But I'll tell her another time so we can stay in today," I tell her but she shakes her head no.

"No ma'am. You go and teach your class. I'll stay in and unpack some more. Maybe do some online retail therapy while I'm at it," she says. I hate leaving her alone though. Last time I did that, well you all know what happened and it didn't end well for either of us.

"How about I take you with me. Or I can drop you off at Soo-min's and you two can hang out," I suggest to her but she disagrees.

"It's alright. I'm probably just gonna catch up on some sleep anyways. It's ok to leave me home alone you know Bada. We don't have to worry about bad things happening anymore. Plus I won't open the door for anyone unless they call in advance. I'll be fine baby," she tells me.

"I know. I just hate leaving you alone sometimes. But I know everything will be alright. I guess I'm still a bit traumatized from what happened," I say with a sigh and she sits up to look me in the eyes.

"You have every right to feel this way. But I promise I'm fine now. I swear to you no one is out to get me anymore. We can live like normal people now. No more worrying, okay?" She tells me before kissing my cheek. I nod understanding what she means but I think I'll always feel some kind of anxiety after everything.

"Well, it's still early so I don't have to leave for a while. I love spending mornings with you," I say before pulling her closer to my chest and wrapping her in my arms.

We stay cuddled up like this on the couch for a few hours. I thought she'd doze off by now but she's been up this entire time. It was almost noon now and I had to start getting ready to head out.

"Baby I gotta go get ready," I say softly and she shifts and sits up.

"Can I keep you company before you leave?" She asks and I can't help but smile.

"Of course my love," I say before picking her up bridal style and heading upstairs. Of course she's giggling in my arms and kicking her feet though. When we get to our room, I sit her down on our bed and she folds the blanket around her entire body while sitting crisscrossed. I kiss her forehead before heading into the bathroom and showering.