Chapter 39

I ended up coming back to my brother's house this morning to take care of Soo-min. She's almost due so it's been a little hard for her to move around the house. Dae-Hyun is gone for most of the days lately but I don't mind. I need to feel like I can help out whenever I can because it takes my mind off of things. 

Today, I took Soo-min and the kids to the park near their house to get some fresh air. It's nice seeing the kids playing with their friends and them being happy. It's the beginning of April so the weather is really nice too.

"Don't you just love it," Soo-min says to me as she sits back in her chair rubbing her belly. 

"Love what?" I ask looking at her. 

"The outdoors, especially when the weather is so pretty. I've been cooped up indoors for a few weeks now. It feels good to stretch my feet and get some sunshine," she says happily. 

"Yeah, it is nice," I say staring up at the sky. 

"Have there been any changes with Luna?" she asks turning her head towards me but I keep my gaze on the clouds above me. 

"Nope. Still the same," I say. 

"It's gonna get better Bada, I promise you okay? You won't always feel like this," she says and I take a deep breath in. 

"I've trying really hard to stay positive these past few months, but it's hard. I really miss her," I tell her honestly. 

"I know love. We all can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through Bada, but we're all here for you," she says taking my hand in hers. We stay like this until she starts fidgeting her body around. 

"What's wrong?" I ask concerned turning to face her as she squirms around on the bench. 

"Nothing, nothing. It's just the babies moving around," she says moving to get comfortable. 

"You wanna feel?" she asks. I nod reluctantly and she moves my left hand toward her belly where all the movement is happening.

"Wow," I say surprised by how odd yet cool that feels.

"It's so strange feeling one baby move inside of you, let alone two. Makes me feel like an alien," she says with a giggle. 

"Have you decided on any names?" I ask her. I kind of gave up hope for Luna and I to name the twins. 

"Nope, I'm still holding out hope for Luna to wake up so she can name them," she says with a small smile, but it fades fast as she thinks about the time she wanted Luna and I to name the babies. 

"I think you should start thinking of names. Luna most likely won't be up by the time you have them," I say turning to look at the kids playing on the slide. 

"You can still name them if you want," she tells me. 

"No, it's okay. You and Dae-Hyun should pick out names you two like," I tell her. In all honesty, I don't want to pick their names without Luna here. I don't know, it felt like such a milestone when Soo-min told me a few months ago, but now it just doesn't feel as nice. Plus, the twins are their kids. They should pick out the names.

"Alright but let me know if you change your mind," she tells me and I nod. She checks the time and sees that it's getting a bit late and the kids need to get ready for dinner and bed soon. 

"Come on kids, it's time to go," she yells out and the kids start whining. 

"Aht aht, no attitude. You guys have been here for over an hour. We'll come back another day," she says and they both walk up to us with their heads down. I get up and grab Soo-min's arms to help her off the bench and walk us home.