Chapter 23

I walked out of the bathroom to find Bada in the kitchen making hot chocolate for us. She had brought some fluffy blankets and pillows downstairs as well. 

"Hey love, come sit down with me," she said leaving the kitchen with two mugs in her hands. Instead of sitting on the couch, we sat in front of the fireplace and wrapped up in the blankets.

"Here you go," she said handing me my mug of hot chocolate. "You warm?" she asked tugging the blanket a little tighter around my body. 

"Mmm-hmm, I'm perfectly warm," I said snuggling up closer to her. We sat before the fire staring out into the flames as Bada leaned over and placed her head on top of mine. It was silent for a short while as we were taking in the evening and drinking our warm drinks in peace. 

"Luna?" she called to me pulling me out of my trance. I turned my head towards her and gave her my full attention. You know it's serious when she uses my government name, lol. 

"I know you just got out of a relationship and how badly things ended, so I want you to know that we don't have to do this if you don't want to," she said while holding my left hand in her right hand. She was fidgeting with a ring on my finger as she spoke, so I could tell she was nervous. 

"No, no, I want to do this Bada. I want us to happen. I've wanted to for a while now but I didn't think you'd see me that way or I didn't want to ruin our friendship. But I want this Bada, so, so much," I said and brought her hand to my lips and kissed the back of her palm. 

"Is it alright if we take things a little slow though? I just don't want to hurt you in this process of me trying to get my life together. To be honest, you deserve so much more than me. Someone not so messed up and with so much baggage. I don't wanna weigh you down Bada," I said as I bent my head down thinking about how this could go bad for the both of us. It's true that being with Haneul kinda fucked me up and she deserves someone who isn't so messed up. But call me selfish if you want, I want nothing more than to be with Bada. 

"Love, we can go at whatever pace you want. I'm just glad to be with you and be able to grow our relationship. And Luna you're who I want. We've both wanted this for a while now but were too scared to say anything, but this is what I want too. There is no one better than you out there for me," Bada said then she kissed my forehead. I leaned into her embrace and we held each other as we stared into the flames of the fire before us. 

"So, you like me huh?" Bada said. I looked up and saw her smirking down at me which made me blush. Oh crap, this is really happening. I shake my head looking straight ahead trying not to show how red I was. 

"When'd you start liking me?" she asked curiously as she poked my side playfully. I let out a sigh as I went through our memories together in search of the moment I knew I liked her. 

"I think it was the time we did our duet together. I guess us dancing so intimately like that did something to me and I saw you differently ever since. Of course, before that I always thought you were pretty and good-looking but that day, something about you changed to me. In a positive way of course. Plus I really loved the way you treated me. Even as a best friend, you treated me better than my boyfriend. I remember being awake some nights and asking myself what it would be like if I were with you and not Haneul. That maybe the way you've been treating me is what a real relationship is like," I said then let out a sigh as I reminisced on my these days. 

"I was envious of the way you treated me and wondered why my own boyfriend never treated me with even five percent of what you've done for me. That's why I will forever and always be so grateful to you Bada, because you brought so much light into my life when it was dark," I said as a tear slipped from my eye. These were happy tears filled with an immense amount of love and care for Bada. She wiped the tear from my eye and pressed the side of her face to mine.