Chapter 42

"Bada?" I ask and she hums out in response not breaking away from my neck.

"Can we have sex?" I ask and she pulls back staring down at me into my eyes. She props up on her knees staring me down with a blank face, and then she just bursts out laughing.

"What's so funny?" I ask feeling slightly embarrassed. I just asked to sleep with her and she literally laughed in my face. Really feeling the love right now 🥲.

"Nothing baby," she tells me as she sits down next to me. Yup, this goes into my top five most embarrassing moments of my life. I turn my face away from her feeling dejected as I get up from the floor and head back into the kitchen.

"Luna," she calls from the living room but I can't bring myself to face her right now. I feel really stupid. I went to get the notepad I used to write everything I needed to get then I made my way upstairs silently.

"Luna," I hear Bada call again from downstairs but this time I hear more concern in her voice. I go into our bedroom and find all of my clothes hanging in the walk-in closet. I needed to find something to wear to the grocery store tonight.

"Baby," she says softly from the closet door.

"Hmm?" Is all I could say as I put my joggers and zip-up hoodie on. My dumb radar is going off tremendously right now and I'd rather not make myself look like an even bigger idiot than I already do.

"Luna," she says hugging me from the back. I inhale deeply trying to contain my emotions as I turn to her acting somewhat normal.

"Yes love," I say to her.

"I'm sorry baby. I just...I didn't think you were being serious," she says slowly trying to find the right words to say.

"It's fine," I brush her off as I go to put my earrings and necklace on.

"Luna, I'm sorry baby,"

"I said it was alright. No big deal, okay?" I say going to peck her on the lips and heading back downstairs. I hear her pause for a moment then follow a few steps behind me.

"I'm sorry for acting like that Luna. I know how much something like this means to you and I'm so sorry I laughed. I was caught off guard and just thought you were joking until you got upset. I'm sorry baby," she says standing next to me by the counter.

"I said it was fine. Just forget I brought it up," I say going through the drawers to finalize my list of things to get.

"My love. Please talk to me. Tell me what's going through your mind. Let me make this right," she says. I can tell she's mad at herself for reacting like that.

"I just thought we were having a moment and thought we could take it a step further was all. But we don't need to if you don't want to," I say

"It's not that I don't want to baby. I thought you were caught up in the moment and joking about it. But you know we don't have to have sex Luna. That's not why I'm in this relationship. I love you because you're you Luna. I don't want you to feel like you have to do something you don't want to just to please me okay? Plus the biggest thing here is that I want you to be 100% comfortable. I don't want you to rush anything love" She says.

"It's not that I just want to please you, but I feel like I can finally go all the way with you. I'm not uncomfortable about it like I used to be. We don't have to wait anymore Bada. I was just throwing the idea out there, but it's alright," I tell her plastering a smile on my face.

"Baby," she says sadly.

"I gotta get going. It's getting late and I wanna get to the stores before they close," I say going to grab my purse.