Mayberry x Male reader

Y/n P.O.V.

Night... It has been 10 years since I graduated college... However, after graduating it has been difficult to be honest and I don't mean financially, I mean romantically. I had trouble of keeping a steady relationship.

My work as a private detective takes up so much of my time that is impossible for me to spend time with anyone, let alone keeping a healthy relationship going that only last a month.

Y/n: I really need a break from this job...

As I was driving back home from work, I stop at red light then suddenly...

Y/n: Oof!

Someone hit my car from the behind just my luck.

Y/n: What the hell?!

I step of my car to see the damage to my car as I look at the other vehicle who hit me.

Y/n: What the hell is your problem! Didn't you see I stopped at a red light!

???: Who fucking cares!? I'm in a rush to kill my cheating husband! So, get out my way!

Y/n: Wait... Mayberry?

Mayberry: Y/n?

To my surprise the person who hit my car turns out to be my childhood friend, Mayberry. She step out of her car to try get a better look at me.

Mayberry: I can't believe it... it's really you, Y/n.

Y/n: Same here... how long has it been? 5? 10?

Mayberry: Make that 8 years to be exact. We haven't seen each other since we went our separate ways in our career paths.

Y/n: Hard to believe it been that long...

Mayberry: *giggle* Yeah...

We stay quiet for a moment before I spoke.

Y/n: Why were you in a hurry in the first place?

The minute I asked her where she was going, Mayberry expression changed into anger.

Mayberry: Shit! I almost forgot! I have to kill that bitch and that cheating husband of mine!

The minute she said that, I was surprise by her reaction.

Y/n: Woah, Woah, Woah, what do you mean kill!? And husband? When did you get married?

Mayberry: I was a month ago since we had our wedding! My husband proposed to me a year before we got married. And now I found out during class when I realized it was his birthday today, I discovered he was cheating on me with some bimbo redneck. I swear I'm going to kill that bastard!

I was surprised and saddened to learn that Mayberry was married but cheated on by her own husband after a month together. However, I knew I had stop her before she make the biggest mistake of her life.

Y/n: Let's calm down for a moment, Mayberry. I understand you have so much anger building up right now but murder isn't the answer.

Mayberry: How is murder not the answer! I was fucking betrayed!

Y/n: That's true but think this through for one second. What would be the point of killing them if the end you'll just get arrested and framed as insane person to the media.

Mayberry: But-

Y/n: And even if you manage to kill your husband then what?

Mayberry: I... huh... I don't know.

Y/n: That what I mean, Mayberry. If you go through with this then you'll only be destroying your future.

Mayberry: Then... what should I do? I can't go back to my house knowing those two cheaters already stank up the whole house. And I'm too ashamed to go back to my students after what I did to one of them. This is the worst day of my life!