4 | mystery boy

He's sat there, eyes closed, with his AirPods in, trying to drown out the noise around him with some good music. His hood of his black hoodie is over his head, his legs stretched out onto the seats, leaning his head against the window behind him. He takes deep breaths, almost looking relieved in a way.

Holy shit. He's alive. He made it out of the forest. I knew he'd survive, he has that sense of bravery about him... but now he's sat there, calming himself down in a train compartment... a compartment that looks exactly the same as the Hogwarts express's... oh my god. There's no way. I'm dreaming, he's not on the train.

Suddenly, his eyes open and he decided to get up, cracking his neck before leaving the compartment. I can't see exactly what he's doing, or where he's going... only glimpses. Dreams aren't always so clear. Most of it is down to interpretation. But right now, he's walking down the aisle of the train.

Oh shit.

***

Wednesday 1st November 2023
2:03 pm

"Hey Jaya, have a nice nap?" My eyes slowly blink open and I'm awake, taking in my surroundings. I see my friends around me, and I realise I fell asleep on Theo's shoulder.

"Oh sorry Theo, don't know how I just knocked out like that."

"It's fine, you looked so peaceful sleeping, I didn't want to wake you... but we're nearly there."

Suddenly, I feel an immense amount of guilt, realising that I've been sleeping on the shoulder of the boy I like... whilst also dreaming about another. Damn. But how could I have dreamt about him being on the Hogwarts train?

"What have I missed guys?" I ask them and the girls look at me, their eyes wide open.

"A LOT JAYA, A LOT." Pansy tells me and I look at them in confusion.

"Do tell."

"Jessica's boyfriend is on the train!" Astoria says.

"Yeah, I can't believe he's here!" Jessica squeals and Draco rolls his eyes and walks out of the compartment. Poor Draco.

"He like just stopped outside our compartment and like looked in and then just disappeared." Pansy explains to me. "But Jessica was right, he's HOT."

"Oh damn, so he's coming Hogwarts then?" I ask Jessica.

"Looks like it. But he hasn't mentioned anything about it to me." She tells us.

"Oh, you'd think your boyfriend would let you know about something like that." Pansy adds, tilting her head with a slight smirk on her face. "Maybe he's not so perfect as you describe Jess."

"No he is, he probably just wanted to surprise me."

The girls continue talking about what happened, and I just sit there, thinking about my dream. I can't get his handsome face out of my head, as well as the fact that he was on the train too. I don't know what's going on, or whether I should tell someone about these reoccurring dreams... but it hasn't caused me any problems as of yet.

Just then, I notice Theo's hand reaching for mine, and he interlocks his hand with mine, I look up at him and smile. Theo has always been there for me, and always knows when something's up with me. I love him for that, we've been friends since first year but those feelings have turned into something more ever since last year.

Something just changed between us and I realised I really like him... and I think he really likes me too. But that just makes it all a lot worse - makes the guilt a lot worse when I dream of the mystery boy.

But the dreams are out of my control. I don't choose to have them. The dreams first started on the night of my 16th birthday, and they've been happening ever since. I'm not complaining though, but I just wish I knew why.

Why him? Why me? Who is he?

Now this is my final year at Hogwarts, and I'm going to be turning 18 this December. So I'm kind of scared the dreams will stop, now that I'll reach adult age or something. I don't know how they work, but it could be the case.

***

4:21 pm

The castle is just as beautiful as it's always been, especially now that it's winter. We enter the Great Hall, amazed by the magical projection of snow falling above us. There's candles lit everywhere, and Dumbledore gives us a warm welcome as all students take their seats at their house tables.

Us girls sit on one side of the table, and I'm in between Pansy and Jessica. Whilst the boys sit on the other side, Theo opposite me. He gives me a warm smile, and I feel myself blushing slightly.

The headmaster begins his speech by reassuring us, and comforting us over the concerns of You-Know-Who's return. Everyone's nervous, and some parents have decided not to send their children to school this year just because of it. Of course I knew about his return a while back... because of my mother and father. But as I said, we don't talk about them. They don't exist to me.

Suddenly, everyone's attention is drawn to the doors of the Great Hall opening, as we watch a student enter, late for the speech. Some people giggle, but as he gets nearer, approaching the Slytherin tables, Jessica starts quietly squealing, as she realises who it is. I squint my eyes to see, but when he gets even closer... oh my god.

My eyes widen in shock and I feel like I'm about to faint right then and there.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

NEXT CHAPTERS OUT:
Monday 25th December 2023🎄