27 | keep quiet

Wednesday 29th November 2023
1:57 pm

Mattheo's POV

Jaya Levine. A witch that hasn't left my mind when I'm awake, and when I'm asleep, for the past week and a half. I can't deal with it anymore.

When I close my eyes, she's there. When I open my eyes, she's there also... but I can't face her. I always end up walking away, to avoid having to interact with her.

It's the only way to get over her.

After the night I spent at the lake with her, I don't know how I feel. It's hard to come to terms with, and I don't know whether I'm overthinking it.

I probably am overthinking it. It's probably nothing. I'm just imagining things. We just went for a walk, came back, I helped her and that's it. There's nothing more to it. Just a 'friend' helping out a 'friend'. Or whatever we are to each other.

"Riddle man, you can't skip every potions class." Enzo snaps me out of my day dream.

"But I can though. The professors barely do anything." I shrug.

"That's not the point." He sighs, walking beside me as we stroll through the corridors. "Come on you're supposed to be the responsible one here."

"Fine." I tut. "I'll go. Happy?"

"Over the moon!" He exclaims and I roll my eyes, taking the turn to find my potions class. "Bye Berkshire."

"Bye Riddle, have funnn..." He says playfully with a smirk.

I stop in my tracks outside the door of the classroom, to find the reason I've stopped attending potions classes stood right in front of me.

Jaya looks up at me, and when she processes who I am, I instantly see a look of anger on her face. Her eyes darken and her face tenses as she clenches her jaw. Before I know it, she shoves past me and walks into the class.

I continue to follow on behind her, and take a seat beside her. It's only right to sit according to the seating plan. If I had it my way, I'd sit anywhere that's far away from her. I just don't want to get on Snape's nerves.

I notice her shuffle slightly away from me as she takes out her notebook and pen. Yet again, just like the first potions class I attended, I hadn't brought a pen and paper. Only this time, I doubt Jaya would offer to lend me some.

"Jaya." I whisper over to her, and she completely blanks me, the sound of my voice going in one ear and out the other.

I lean back in my seat in frustration, and spread my legs slightly, and nudge my knee gently into hers. She crosses one leg over the other, in attempt to move away from me and I sigh, spinning my wand in my fingers.