8 | academic comeback

Wednesday 1st November 2023
7:12 pm

I lay in Theo's lap, my legs stretched out as I throw my phone to Blaise. Choosing a movie is always so stressful so I just let Blaise do it for me every time. "What are we watching guys?" He asks everyone, and we all take moments to think.

"How about the Grinch, to get into the Christmas vibe?" Enzo suggests.

"Oh God forbid anything Christmas themed." Malfoy spits, and I laugh.

"What's your issue with Christmas Malfoy? It's the best time of the year." I say to him and he throws his finished apple straight at me, but Theo successfully catches it with one hand before it hits me.

I look up and smile at him and then notice Mattheo laughing under his breath, and then Jessica whispering something into his ear.

"How about the Hunger Games?" Astoria says.

"We watched that last time." Enzo groans and she just whacks him at the back of his head.

"How about something old-school?" I suggest. "Most of the new movies are ass."

"That's a shout." Theo agrees with me, as he begins to play with my hair and as soon as he does, I get daggers from Mattheo.

"Ooh, prime video suggests The Matrix." Blaise says and I gasp in excitement.

"YES! It's so good, you guys will love it." I say.

"Seen it." Riddle finally speaks, and I look at him intrigued. Never thought he'd be the type to watch movies at all.

"Is it any good?" Malfoy asks and Riddle nods.

"One of the best franchises of all time."

That, I agree with.

Blaise puts on the first movie and we all sit back and relax. Theo shares his popcorn with me since I didn't get a chance to get any, and we're all immediately immersed into the movie... apart from me and the only other person in the room who's watched the film before.

My eyes keep getting distracted by his handsome face opposite me, but every time I look over, he's either already looking at me, or Jessica's sat there caressing his hands, pissing me off for some reason.

I know I liked him from my dreams but... he's completely different to the boy I perceived him as.

I got it all wrong.

***

Friday 3rd November 2023
10:58 am

I've missed Hogwarts. The first two days of being back have been interesting, to say the least... but regardless, I just love the castle. Some people would disagree and say they hate school, but for me, I love it. I love achieving highly in all my assignments and tests, and ensure that I spend most of my time in the library studying.

"We all still wonder why you're not a Ravenclaw Jaya." Pansy sighs.

"Exactly," Astoria agrees. "How can one be excited for an exam!?"

"I ask myself the very same question girls.' I laugh a little as Pans, Tori and I walk through the hallways, heading back to the common room for break.

"OMG, guys, please can we talk about the Winter Ball now?" Tori says.

"Oh my god yes, I almost forgot. I got so excited when McGonagall announced it in the assembly this morning." Pansy replies.

"I was just wondering why Dumbledore wasn't giving the assmebly." I shrug.

"And why a certain boy wasn't there..." Pansy wriggles her brows and I roll my eyes.

"Practically everyone noticed Riddle wasn't in assembly Pansy. He's the talk of the school." I sigh.

"Imagine if he ends up asking you to go to the ball with him." Astoria says excitedly.

"That's if he knew about the ball." I mention.

"You should defo ask him then." Pansy says seriously and I gasp in shock.

"Guys, what is this nonsense?"

"I mean... he's hot." Pansy tells me.

"MEGA hot." Tori nods. "Plus you've been dreaming about him so..."

"Shh keep it down-"

"Dreaming about who?" Theo approaches us with a smile, his hands in his pockets. I smile back at him and then glance at the girls, and they give me the 'look' urging me to go to him.

"Aha nothing." Pansy laughs, playing it off for me.

"Want to go for a walk Jaya?" He asks, looking hopeful and I nod with a smile.

"I'll meet you at the common room girls."

"Have fun." Tori winks at me, making both Theo and I laugh nervously.

I walk beside him, as we reach the court yard, the wintry air comforted by the warm light from the sun. I feel his hand graze against mine, and he takes hold of my hand, making me blush a little. He stops, turns to look at me, and I smile.

"What you looking at Theo?"

"Something gorgeous." He says and I look away nervously. "Oi, don't look away angel." I look back up at him and he takes a breath.

"What made you want to walk with me?" I ask, slightly curious.

"Nothing... just missed you. We haven't spoken since movie night." He shrugs.

"I noticed too... so busy with school." I say to him and he looks down and smiles a little.

"Let me guess, you spent all of your free periods in the library studying yesterday?" He asks and I sigh.

"Yes, yes, the academic comeback is coming through." I nod.

"Well..." He tucks a piece of hair behind my ear. "I wanted to ask if you're going to the Winter Ball?"

My stomach flips.

"I haven't really thought about it much yet..." I shrug and his face drops slightly before he nods.

"Oh right, let me know."

"Will do."

Suddenly, my phone pings.

+44 79** ******
Jaya?

Me
Who is this?

"Who's that?" Theo asks me and I shrug. "Just a random number, I don't know."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

NEXT CHAPTERS OUT:
Friday 29th December 2023