28 | unexpected act

Wednesday 29th November 2023
2:45 pm

Let's just say that potions class is a mess. Draco and Theo's potion went wrong and Draco got transformed into a ferret, and I couldn't help but laugh. I watch as Draco the ferret crawls up Theo's shirt, and he squeals in fear, chucking it across the classroom, making everyone go crazy.

I'm in a fit of laughter at this point, and Mattheo stood beside me with his hands in his pockets let's out a chuckle, watching it all unfold. I look up at him and he notices me watching.

"Don't worry. It'll wear off in about ten minutes." He reassures me but I let out a scream as I realise that the ferret rushes towards me and I jump backwards in fear, grabbing onto the thing closest to me.

Mattheo.

I hold onto him for dear life as we both start backing away, as the ferret makes it way closer to us. My hands are gripped around his bicep, and his arm is around my waist, as he holds his wand in his other hand, pointing it at the creature coming towards us.

"Oh fuck off." Mattheo groans, trembling in fear just as I am.

"Don't cast a spell Mattheo," I say, my voice shaky as we continue to back away. "It's Draco." But then right there and then, the animal starts sprinting towards us and in an instant, Riddle holds onto my wrist and drags me out of the classroom, slamming the door behind us, trapping our classmates in the room with Draco the ferret and Professor Snape.

We run down the hallway and make a turn, before stopping once realising we're safe. I look up at him breathless and there's an amused expression across his face, and suddenly we both burst out laughing.

Our eyes don't leave each other's, as we process what just happened, the feeling of both of us laughing together feeling unfamiliar... but definitely... nice.

Suddenly, the bell rings and people start pouring out of their lessons, passing Mattheo and I who are stood in the middle of the hallway.

"What's going on here guys?" I hear Pansy ask, as she walks up to us with Astoria and Enzo. The girls stand by my side and Enzo wraps his arm around Mattheo's shoulders, as Mattheo and I look at each other awkwardly.

"Have fun in potions Riddle?" Enzo asks with a smirk and he lets out a breath.

"The most fun." He sighs and Enzo wiggles his brows at me. I look at him confused and then look at the girls who do the same.

"Girls, let's go please." I say to them, and they link onto my arms and as we're about to go away, Riddle says something, and I turn around to see the two boys looking my way.

"Jaya, I'll see you later right?" Mattheo says to me, and I swear I feel my face go red, and the girls squeeze onto my arms on either side of me. I just simply nod at him with a smile and turn back around, begging the girls to hurry up so we can run away.

Once we've made a good distance away from them Pans and Tori start squealing in excitement.

"Oh my god Jaya! He's so into you!" Tori whispers and I shake my head.

"Guys no, it's not like that. I hate his guts." I tell them but they won't believe a word. I haven't really told them about anything that's been going on over the past couple of weeks, regarding our martial arts sessions and what I've caught him doing. Or even about how he took me for a stroll to the Black Lake...