18 | who you are

Monday 13th November 2023
6:13pm

"Uh what are you doing here?" I ask the curly haired scar faced shitbag who walks into the room. He ignores my question and looks around, shutting the door behind him. He continues to wander and I approach him in frustration. "Hello, earth to Riddle?"

"So you're doing the fighting club?" He asks.

"Yes. Now why are you here?"

"Am I not allowed?"

"No. I don't like you." I glare at him and he takes a step closer to me, scanning my choice of outfit - gym shorts, black trainers, and a black t-shirt. He looks back up into my eyes, no expression on his face.

"What a shame. Guess you're going to have to put up with me." He shrugs.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to control the anger that runs through my blood. Everything he does, PISSES me off.

As he turns around, I knock the back of his legs, causing him to fall instantly onto his knees, as I wrap my arm around his neck, secured in a head-lock position.

He grips onto my arm, grunting and struggling to pull me off him. But to my surprise, he whips out his wand and casts a spell at me, sending me flying backwards until I slide across the matted floor, landing with a thud. He stands up and walks up to me slowly as I look up at him, trying to recover from my fall.

He bends over slightly with his hands on his knees, his silver chain dangling from his neck. He wears a white tee paired with grey joggers, and he smirks at me menacingly.

"You should get up before your students arrive. It won't look good if the man you're going to teach them to fight against has you on the ground already."

I quickly get up from the floor and shove him hard in the chest, making him stumble back only a step. With a malicious grin across his face, he rolls his tongue across the inside of his cheeks, and his attention is soon drawn to the doors opening.

A smile forms on my face when I realise there's a huge group of students who stand by the entrance, taking a step inside as they look around in wonder.

I approach them with a welcoming face. "Hello everyone, I'm Jaya. I'll be your trainer for the next couple of weeks." I smile and then I notice their attention is drawn to something else, some of their eyebrows furrowing. "Is something wrong?"

"What's he doing here?"

"Why's he here for?"

"Let's go."

"I'm scared."

My lips part as I'm about to say something, but before I do, they all quickly turn away and leave the room, the doors closing behind them. I stand there in absolute shock, my face blank.

I hear footsteps approaching from behind me, and his hand rests on my shoulder. I push it off of me, and turn around in anger. "They left because of you!" I shout in frustration.

"Not my fault they're pussies." He mumbles and I groan.

"You're always ruining things Riddle. Why did you have to be here for!?" I ask and he stares at me, his eyes darkening as his glare pierces my soul, making my heart skip a beat. "They're scared of who you are."

"Out of all people I thought you'd be the one to understand my situation Levine." He says seriously, his voice low with a layer of disappointment.

"What do you mean?"

"You of all people should know that a child is a separate person from their parents. We are not the same as them." He states and my eyebrows scrunch in confusion.

"Why would you know anything about me?" I ask, taking a deep breath and his jaw clenches, taking a step closer to me, my breathing heavy in anger as he shoots daggers down at me.

"Your parents are loyal to my father. Of course I know about you Levine." He mumbles and I swallow.

"I... have you met them?" I ask and he nods.

"Yes. Yes I have."

"What... what was it like being there... you know, with them?"

There's a moment of silence as I wait in anticipation for his reply, but I can't help but notice the expression on his face, almost looking pitiful.

"When was the last time you saw your parents Jaya?" My heart races at the thought of his question and I let out a breath.

"It's been a while." I say and he looks away, as if to think about something and then he looks back down at me.

"You're nothing like them." He says to me... but for some reason, he said it in a way that makes me truly think he means it. I just nod at his statement and look down. "Still a bitch though." He says and I push his chest with my fist, rolling my eyes.

"Right, and you aren't?" I tilt my head in question.

"Uh, no? Never?" He replies, taking a step back each time I take a step towards him.

"You came in here on purpose because you knew you'd scare away the students." I groan and a smirk forms across his face.

"I can be mischievous like that." He shrugs in accomplishment and I rub my face in anger. "So are we starting or what?" He claps his hands.

"No, we're not. I suggest you leave so people can actually come in."

"I have a right to be here just as much as everybody else does." He states.

"Not if you're scaring everybody else."

"Just admit it you want me." He says abruptly and I look at him in disgust as a grin forms on his face.

"Oh my god you're so delusional." I sigh, walking away from him and to the vending machine. He follows me there and as I'm choosing what I want, he stands behind me, and places his hand on the machine, leaning forward. I feel his breath fan against the back of my neck, sending shivers throughout my body.

I click the button to dispense a bottle of orange juice and bend down to grab it from the bottom. As I do, I only just realise the position I'm in right now, with Mattheo directly behind me. I hear a quiet chuckle and I immediately stand up and turn around to face him in embarrassment.

"Nice ass."

"Fuck off."