14 | nothing to lose

Saturday 4th November 2023
11:14 am

I look at the clear, high resolution, unblurred photo, that must've been taken on an iPhone 25 or some shit, of Mattheo holding my waist from behind on the dance floor. Fuck. Theo won't be happy.

Maybe getting wasted wasn't the best decision I've ever made, since it makes me do the most abominable things, like grind against Riddle.

Ew. Never again.

I hope he doesn't think he's won me over or anything... I bet he does think that. I bet he's sat somewhere with a smug look of achievement plastered across his face as people watch and stare.

I hate him so much.

"Jaya don't turn around but Theo just walked in and he does not look happy." Pansy's words go in one ear and out the other, as I immediately turn around, and immediately regret it too, when I notice Theo glaring at me and then looking away, heading towards the boys dorms. I turn back to the girls with a sigh. "You should speak to him Jay."

"But it's gonna be so awkward." I groan.

"It's for the best." Tori tells me, rubbing my arm. Hesitantly, I follow Theo and stop him before he leaves. He looks down at me with his hands in his pockets, with not the most pleased expression on his face.

"Jaya." He says with a nod.

"Are you okay?" I ask him.

"Do you like me Jaya?" He asks abruptly, my eyes widening slightly as my lips part in shock.

"What? I-"

"Simple question."

"I do Theo... you know I do." I tell him and he looks away before looking back at me, his expression serious and frustrated as if he doesn't want to be having this conversation.

"You don't act like it." He says to me and I open my mouth to say something but he strolls away down to his dorm, leaving me stood there speechless.

I storm out of the common room and up to the Astronomy Tower so I can actually breathe and get away from everyone. It's only been a couple of days since school started, and a series of chaotic events have unfolded within days.

I don't understand why, or how but it's resulted in a million and one thoughts that run through my mind each day.

Did I really hurt Theo?

Do I need to apologise?

I was drunk.

He won't even let me explain myself.

We're not together.

"Boo." I jump back startled, only to find Mattheo stood behind me with a cigarette between his lips. He has an amused expression on his face, which returns to normal when I flip him off, as he leans against the railing to look out of the balcony, the fresh air hitting our faces.

I decide I don't want to be in his presence and do the mature thing and turn around to leave, taking a couple of steps until I'm stopped by his annoying stupid voice.

"That picture would've been perfect if it was another girls face instead of yours." He spits and I stop in my tracks and spin on my heel, turning around titling my head to make sure I heard what I just heard.

"I know you're not talking when you look like a fucking slug that's been stepped on." I argue and with a chuckle he turns around.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." He jazzes his hands.

"Uh no, someone woke up in the wrong BED completely." I correct him, remembering how I slept in his room.

"How's your lover boy?"

"Who, Theo?"

"Yeah. He mad?" He chuckles, taking a step towards me. "I'd be if my girl was grinding her ass against another man."

"I did it for about two seconds don't gas yourself up. I was drunk too. My sober mind wouldn't dare risk going near your disease infected self."

"Sure."

"Mhm." I roll my eyes. "But thanks. You've ruined what I had with Theo."

"If it was anything serious something little like this wouldn't have ruined it at all." He states and I groan in annoyance.

"It was serious." I reply, actually deeping whether my response was true or not... I don't even know myself.

"Whatever floats your boat."

"Hilarious."

"I might just save that picture of ours as my wallpaper. You know, since I look fucking amazing, and because it'll piss a few people off."

"Always knew you were obsessed with me." I scoff.

"Get over yourself Levine."

"You get over yourself Riddle, you chat the most about everyone including me, and I don't see nothing but yapper and bullshit coming out of your foul mouth."

He walks closer and closer to me, anger shown in each step he takes. His dark eyes send daggers straight through my soul, and I instantly understand now how he's the Dark Lord's son.

"Let's not forget you've been dreaming about me, and unless you want me spreading that yapper around, I suggest you shut the fuck up."

He's only centimetres away from me now, his intimidating presence towering over me, almost making me feel scared of him. I try not to show it and keep a stern expression on my face. "Don't. For your own good."

He smirks, and lifts my chin up but keeps his hand holding it as he tilts his head ever so slightly. "I'm Lord Voldemort's son love. I've got nothing left to lose." With that, he takes another puff of smoke, and throws the cigarette onto the ground before leaving the tower, as I remain there stood speechless.

He's definitely going to go and tell everyone. As he said, what's he got to lose? Not that many people would believe him anyway...

Would they?

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

NEXT CHAPTERS OUT:
Wednesday 3rd January 2024

author's note
Hey my loves. A lot of you have been requesting longer chapters, and I do understand so hopefully in my next book I will attempt to make them longer.

For now, this amount is manageable for me, and since I'm publishing 2 chapters every other day, I'm sure it's enough. I appreciate that you're enjoying this story and want more out of me, but icl this is all I can provide so far.

Please understand! I love you all💕 and HAPPY NEW YEAR!🎆