7 | movie night

Wednesday 1st November 2023
6:30 pm

Mattheo's POV

I manage to settle into my dorm and set up all my possessions as I like it, not owning very much but definitely having a knack for organising

I manage to settle into my dorm and set up all my possessions as I like it, not owning very much but definitely having a knack for organising. I find out I get the dorm to myself, since the only other free ones with students already in them don't want to be sharing their room with Mattheo Riddle.

Fine by me.

I get a knock on the door and greet Malfoy in and he lets me know that himself and the boys are going to Jaya's room?

"Who's Jaya?"

"Jaya Levine? She's kinda dating Nott." Draco explains and my eyes widen slightly.

"Brunette, pretty, nice lips?"

"Yeah." Draco nods, taking a bite of his green apple.

"Levine did you say?"

"Yes, as in Reynold Levine's daughter." He adds.

"Oh fuck." I say, in shock slightly, never having guessed that that is who she is. "She's dating Nott?"

"You're asking an awful lot of questions about this girl Riddle." He laughs slightly.

"It's nothing like that, don't you worry cousin."

"Well to answer your question, they both really like each other but they're not in a relationship."

"Pathetic." I scoff.

"We're going to her room to watch movies, we do it every first day back. Wanna come?" He asks me and I think about it for a second.

"Sure, why not."

***

6:50 pm

"Oh my gosh Mattheo, I'm so glad you're here." Jessica screeches, and I just stand there as she approaches me in the common room, just as the boys and I were about to head up to Levine's room.

Malfoy informed me that her name was in fact Jessica, and I was proud of myself that I was close enough with Jessie.

"Uh yeah, we'll talk later."

"Where you guys going?" She asks and I notice Enzo gesturing at me, his face basically saying 'I beg you please don't tell her'. But I think about it for a second, and realise I could possibly piss that girl Jaya off.

"To watch movies or something." I reply.

"Oh I heard about that, in Jaya's room right?"

"Shame you're not invited Jessica." Enzo says, urging the boys to start walking to Levine's dorm but as we're going up the stairs, she begins to follow us.

Enzo whispers something to me on our way. "She only started hanging out with us a couple months ago but we need her gone."

"Don't worry lad, it'll be funny to watch the girls get pissed." I whisper back.

"He's right about that one,' Theo laughs. "Angry Jaya is a sight to see."

I become angry again but brush it off as I realise we've made it to her dorm. The boys go in first and when I enter, she's the first person I see, sat in between the other two brunettes, who have their arms around her as if she's been upset or something.

As soon as she sees me, her face drops into the most outraged and shocked expression, which only plants a smirk on my face, finding this completely amusing.

Jessica sits down with the girls and they do not look happy that she's turned up too. I shut the door behind me, and stand there with my hands in my pockets, eyeing her up and down.

She's wearing a black cropped shirt, with black joggers, and I notice her gold rings as well as a necklace around her neck... a small sapphire pendant. Her hair's been put up in a bun, compared to earlier today when she had it down. She looks... beautiful. She always has.

***

6:58 pm

Jaya's POV

I eventually accept the fact that he's in my room, and decide to commence movie night

I eventually accept the fact that he's in my room, and decide to commence movie night. The girls had helped me prepare beforehand with popcorn and snacks, aswell as beanbags and a fluffy rug for anyone who wants to sit on the floor.

Everyone gets comfortable, Pansy, Astoria and I on the bed with our legs stretched out, with Enzo wedged in the middle. And the rest of them take the beanbags.

I crawl to the edge of the bed, where there's a small table with the projector on it, facing my blank white wall across from us. I attempt to fix it, my phone successfully connected but I can't get the image from the projector to stop being so blurry.

I sit there for a good minute trying to adjust it as everybody else chatters loudly amongst themselves and already snacking on all the food and drinks. Suddenly, I notice Riddle approach the table, and he crouches down, inspecting the projector.

He gives me a quick glance, looking at me in my eyes before grinning and paying attention to the projector again. He's wearing a short sleeved black top, and black joggers, his biceps right in front of me, flexing as he manoeuvres the settings on the machine.

I don't even realise, as I've become so frozen since he's come near me, but my hands are till on the box, and suddenly I feel him move my hands away gently, so he could reach one of the cables.

The touch of his skin against mine suddenly sends abrupt flashes through my head, almost like the ones from my dreams, I scrunch my eyes shut as I begin to get dizzy, trying to steady myself.

It's a feeling I've never felt before, it's painful, strange and abstract images in my mind won't stop flickering. As soon as I yank my hand away from him, my breathing automatically steadies and the flashes in my head stop.

I slowly open my eyes again and I look at Mattheo in front of me and his eyes are shut too, he takes a deep breath and they open again, and he looks directly at me.

Did he just experience the same thing that I did?

What just happened?

He looks away and then clears his throat, before finally making one last adjustment to the little box, and eventually the screen projects onto the wall, a clear bright image of my phone's home screen illuminating the room.

"Thank you." Is all I say to him and he nods, before going back to his space sat next to Jessica. I roll my eyes and sit back into my place, squished beside Pansy.

I decide the bed isn't big enough for the four of us so I sit next to Theo, who's sat on one of the bean bags. The only con about sitting here is that Mattheo and Jessica are right opposite us. Fucks sake.