25 | opening up

Sunday 19th November 2023
9:23 pm

"Ugh, you walk so slow witch." Mattheo says, as I sluggishly climb up the stairs to my dorm. He and I had been out in the cold for at least two hours so I don't understand why he expects me to move quicker than I already am.

"Personally, I think you should carry me." I joke, and for some reason, he reaches for me as if he's about to carry me and I swat his hands away. "That was a joke dumbass."

"So much for being a gentleman." He sighs and I roll my eyes. As nice as it had been sitting by the lake, I remembered soon enough why I dislike him. He's just so irritating.

We finally make it to my dorm and I take off my coat, scarf, beanie, gloves and uggs, chucking it on my chair. Mattheo looks at me in disgust.

"What's the issue?" I question.

"You're so messy. I imagine it'd be so hard to live with you."

"Just be glad you aren't then." I scoff, and he takes off his coat, beanie and gloves too, hanging them up neatly on the hooks on the back of my door.

I sit down in my bed, and crawl into the covers, trying to warm myself up and Mattheo just stands there, looking down at me with his hands in his pockets.

"Let's get this over with." He sighs. "I can't stand being in here any longer. Where's the letter?"

"In that bottom drawer." I point, and hide under the duvet, not wanting to watch him open the letter.

***

9:27 pm

Mattheo's POV

The girl hides under her duvet, not wanting to find out what's written on this letter

So dumb.

I open it, and take a breath, feeling oddly nervous for her too now to read it. I unfold it and scan the page.

Dear daughter,

Your mother and I are back from work, and we've arrived home. You need to come pay us a visit since we have a lot to talk about. Get home as soon as possible.

- Nicholas Levine

"Jaya." I clear my throat and I watch as she peaks her eyes out of the covers. I'd usually laugh in this instance, looking at her terrified face, but I'm sure Jaya wouldn't appreciate that when she finds out what the letter says.

"What does it say?" She mumbles.

"They came back from work and want to see you. Have a lot to talk about apparently."

"Work? They mean working for Voldemort." She states and I see her eyes filling with anger.

"Yeah, I'd always see them in the Malfoy Manor a lot." I add and she scoffs.

"I'm not going. I know what they want to talk about."

I'm assuming my father has a job for her. No doubt it, since I'm pretty sure he's already figured out that I'm here at Hogwarts. It was kinda hard to keep it on the down low when practically most people knew what I looked like.

"My father probably wants you." I tell her and her face goes blank.

"Ye-yes. It happened to my brother at this age too..." My eyes widen as she realises what she just told me.

"You have a brother?"

"Had."

"Oh..." I watch as she looks down, her face saddening. I sit opposite her on the edge of the bed and look into her miserable eyes. "What happened to him?"

She lets out a deep breath and looks up at me. "My parents wanted him to join them and Voldemort but he refused, and as a result he got killed... by the Dark Lord himself. Wouldn't have happened if my parents didn't give him away like that." She explains and I nod, understanding... feeling guilty almost for my fathers wrongdoings, eventhough it has nothing to do with me.

I reach over and touch her locket, looking down at it. "Is that boy in the picture your brother?"

"Mhm. That's Jack." She smiles. "He was a Gryffindor here."

"Ah." I say, and let go off her necklace, but when I look back at her there's tears rolling down her cheeks. I pause for a moment, not knowing how to deal with this. I've never had to deal with emotional girls, I usually don't stay round long enough to feel the need to. "Don't cry witch."

"Sorry." She sniffles and I pinch the bridge of my nose, scrunching my eyes, contemplating whether I should do this.

Fuck it.

I place myself beside her, and pull the covers over me too, and allow her to rest her head on my chest, as I wrap my arm around her, holding her close. I let her sniffle and cry in my arms as I embrace her warmth.

"Your heart is beating so fast Mattheo." I hear her whisper.

I don't even respond, because I don't know how to. How do I explain myself when even I don't know why I'm feeling like this around her? I'm supposed to dislike this girl, yet she's still making me feel... no. She's not making me feel anything.

I've never had feelings for a girl, and I never will. With other girls I've just fucked them and dashed out the door, but I'm confused as to why it hasn't happened with Jaya yet. She's just so stubborn.

***

10:12 pm

I only thought we were sat there for ten minutes or so, but when I check the time, it's been about half an hour. I nearly dozed off, but when I look down at the girl in my arms, I realise she'd knocked out completely.

"Fuck." I mutter under my breath, trying to figure out a way to get out of here. I know that if I move the slightest bit, she's going to wake up. Why'd she have to go sleep for?

I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate me staying in her room any longer, especially since she's unconscious. So I do what I must, and push her off of me gently, and attempt to place her head on the other pillow.

Once I do, I get out of the bed, and as I'm just about to walk to the door, I hear shuffling.

"Mattheo?" A quiet voice says.

"Jaya go back to sleep." I tell her and I watch as she smiles with her eyes closed.

"You're cute when you're not being a brat." She says, and then eventually turns over and dozes back off to sleep.

I stand there blankly, processing what she just said.

Hm. Jaya thinks I'm cute.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

NEXT CHAPTERS OUT:
Friday 12th January 2024

author's note
OMGG I'm so sorry guys I completely forgot to publish the chapters yesterday, I was convinced today was the date! Anyway, I decided to publish 3 to make up for it, hope you enjoyed!

P.S - lmao I post at such weird times💀 it be like 4am and that's when I decide to publish😭