10 | floats your boat

Friday 3rd November 2023
12:06 pm
History of Magic

Riddle decides to follow on from behind me as we enter the classroom, and the Professor scowls as we walk in. "You're late!"

"By a minute." I hear Riddle grumble from behind me.

"Find a seat." The Professor says, and I only just realise how draining his voice is, and how monotone it is too. It sounds as if he's got something stuck up his nose that's making it sound that way.

I scan the classroom to find the only empty seats are at the back. It's obvious that the professor has made everyone fill in from the front. Typical. At least I get to sit at the back, even if it is with...

oh my god. I have to sit next to him.

I take a seat with a sigh, and try not to pay attention as Mattheo approaches the desk with his hands in his pockets, as he slumps down onto the chair. He spreads his legs out, and leans back, his hands still in his pockets. I take out my notebook and pen from my bag, and attempt to listen to what the professor is saying.

Minutes go by where it's just silence between us, not a word being spoken by either him or myself. Let's just hope it continues that way. What happened last night when we accidentally touched hands has scared me a little...

I noticed Riddle himself have the same overwhelmed reaction too, so if the same thing happened to the both of us, then something is seriously up.

I see a notification pop up on my phone and I take it and put it under the table slightly so the professor won't be able to see. I open the message.

WIFE💞
heyy girl I'm so bored rn

Me
are u in charms rn?

WIFE💞
uh yes

Me
next to ur bf? u shouldn't be bored

WIFE💞
back tf up
bf!? who!? I don't see him 🤷🏽‍♀️

Me
mr draco malfoy ofc

WIFE💞
JAYA PLEASE
give up on this dream
I hate malfoy

Me
and I hate Riddle yet u still ship me with him

WIFE💞
FAIR POINT BUT THATS DIFFERENT
what lesson u in btw?

Me
HoM

WIFE💞
deaddd
who u sat w?

"Who the fuck is wife?" I hear the boy who I completely forgot was sat next to me say, still in the same position as he was sat before, but now he twirls a pen between his fingers.

I decide to ignore his question, he shouldn't be snooping. But turns out, ignoring was the wrong choice, as in a flash, my phone gets yanked off me and I have to resist the sudden urge to scream at him. I slap my mouth shut and try to grab it off of him.

He holds it far away from me, and smirks back at me, looking extremely amused. This is not funny.

"Give it back Riddle." I say seriously and he chuckles slightly.

"Relax love, I'm not gonna go through anything... although I'm sure your my eyes only is interesting-"

"Oi-"

"Quiet at the back please." The professor mumbles and I give up, slumping in my chair. I watch in anger as a proud look forms on his face as he looks down at the texts between me and Pansy.

Fuck. He can't read those.

I watch as he begins typing something. My heart starts racing and I attempt to snatch it back but he instantly, without even looking, he catches my wrist with his free hand, continuing to type with the other.

I sit there in shock, his hand locked around my wrist as I try to peer over to what he's doing. I make a mental note that nothing happened this time when our skin touched... not like yesterday.

He smiles, let's go of my wrist and hands my phone back. He looks amused as ever, and continues to spin his pen between his fingers. "Interesting." Is all he says, and I quickly look back at mine and Pansy's messages.

WIFE💞
deaddd
who u sat w?

Me
Mattheo Riddle.
The finest man of the castle.

WIFE💞
OMG U ADMITTED IT

Me
Of course I did. He's handsome asf.

WIFE💞
so I'm guessing you're going to the ball with him then?

Me
Yes, of course.

WIFE💞
OGMOGMrfkf
OMG
RFKD
DE
NO WAYYY I'm so happy for u girl
you've actually made my day
if u back down now I'm sueing
also stop typing with capital letters and full stops
NOT THE VIBE🙅🏽‍♀️

I turn slowly to look at him, my jaw dropped. He sits there facing forward, his side profile perfect, but showing an evil grin plastered on his face. "You absolute dic-"

"Be grateful princess. I got you what you wanted." He says, still facing forward as he rolls his tongue across the inside of his cheek.

"And what on earth's that?"

"Me."

"Trust you to be big headed." I scoff under my breath and he raises a brow and chuckles lowly.

"You're a very judgmental girl, aren't you Jaya?" He says quietly, the sound of my name rolling of his tongue, making me feel different. It sounded strange... well not strange, but unfamiliar coming from him, yet it affected me in some sort of way.

"Maybe I am. To you." Is all I say, fidgeting with my hair, something I tend to do when I'm nervous.

"You shouldn't hate so easily. It isn't good for the soul." He says and I almost start laughing.

"I don't hate you."

I do.

"You do."

"Whatever floats your boat."

"I don't know what the fuck that means."

"Dumbass." I laugh as I take a note of something the professor writes on the chalkboard.

"And plus, you told Parkinson you hate me." He adds.

"Go cry about it."

"Bitch."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

NEXT CHAPTERS OUT:
Saturday 30th December 2023

author's note
and so the enemies to lovers arc begins...