19 | checklist

Monday 13th November 2023
6:32pm

"Nice ass."

"Fuck off." I say and barge past him.

"Not the first time you've rubbed your ass against me." He smiles, feeling accomplished. He then presses a button on the vending machine and takes out an apple juice. "Actually the third."

"What, have you been counting or something?" I scoff. "Neither of those times had been intentional anyway."

I watch as he opens the straw and stabs it into the juice carton, and takes a sip, walking up to me.

"Uh, so am I the only one remembering what happened in the cleaner's closet?" He asks, raising a brow.

"That was unintentional too, sorry to crush your dreams." I scoff and head for the door to leave but his incessant voice stops me once again.

"Speaking about dreams..." I turn around and the smirk that I expected to be there is plastered on his face. "Wouldn't want me telling everyone about those, would you?"

"What do you want Riddle?" I sigh.

He smiles as he takes another sip of his juice. "Apple is so much better than orange."

Even though I like both equally, and wouldn't mind drinking either (it depends on my mood), I ensure that I disagree with his opinion... because why would I want to agree with Mattheo Riddle?

"Orange is way better." I state, and he closes the space between us, looking down at me with those eyes.

"You always have to disagree with me, don't you princess?" He tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and for a moment or so, I don't react. My stomach flutters and my mouth parts as I gaze into those hypnotising eyes...

I suddenly regain consciousness - because clearly I fell for his seduction - I really don't know how he does it - and swat his hand away in disgust.

"Answer my question. What do you want?" I ask, and he strokes his chin, as if to think about his answer for a while.

"Hmm... I want you to train me. I'm a student also. Just because the others left, doesn't mean I don't get the full treatment." He winks, and I scoff.

"Oh please. That's not happening."

"Uh, yes it is. Don't want to embarrass you in front of the whole school now do we?" He raises a brow and I internally scream in frustration. He actually mentally drains me.

"If I do this, the whole school would turn on me. Teaching Voldemort's son how to fight? That's very controversial."

"You said his name." He states, sounding kind of surprised.

"Why wouldn't I? Saying you-know-who is a bit much in my opinion."

"Mhm... but anyway... we could do it in secret?" He proposes and my eyes widen.

"You're really adamant on doing this, aren't you? Dedicating your time to bother me is crazy." I laugh.

"For my own entertainment. So... is that a yes?" I stop to think. "Miss Dream Girl?" He smirks and I roll my eyes, giving in.

"Fine. I'll do it... but it stays secret. You hear me?"

"Of course love. I'd never tell anyone we're linking in secret." He smirks, and then finishes the rest of his apple juice in one go.

"Yeah, especially not Theo. Okay?"

"Do you even like that guy?" He asks, scrunching his eyebrows in disbelief.