6 | another man

Wednesday 1st November 2023
this morning - 8:04 am

Mattheo's POV

I think of nothing but my survival

I think of nothing but my survival. My body releasing as much adrenaline as it needs right now, allowing me to reach my maximum speed as I sprint through the forest, jumping over fallen trees, and dodging a few birds squawking as they fly right by me. The terrain is tough, almost uphill, but I don't give up... not when there's death eaters on my trail.

I've attempted this before, back when I was fifteen... but that didn't work out. I was captured within minutes of trying to escape. And shock horror, I got the worst of it when I got apparated back home, leaving multiple scars all over me. From that day onwards, I promised myself to become stronger, to work harder, and to reach a peak physique and stamina that would allow me to escape for good this time.

So far, I've made it much further than I did the last time. But there's no stopping now, not when I can hear the death eaters ever so close.

***

11:29 pm

I made it to platform 9¾, just in time for the train. I stand there for a moment and my body folds in exhaustion, my hands resting on my knees as I take heavy breaths, my heart racing faster than it ever has before.

I escaped. And there's no going back.

I get myself onto the train and ask one of the train people (or whatever you call them) for my possessions. I'd cast a spell so that they got brought there before myself, so it wouldn't be hard to carry them as I ran. That was also another mistake I made the last time. Running away from death eaters with a backpack full of clothes and necessities wasn't the best tactic.

But what frustrated me even more was that I could teleport my possessions but not my own self to where I needed to be. I've always wanted to learn to apparate, and now that I'll be attending Hogwarts, it's a skill I'll be hoping to learn sooner than later.

I manage to get my backpack, my phone and my AirPods, as well as a black hoodie and shorts to change into. This is going to be one long journey.

"Riddle." I hear a voice say, and turn around to find my cousin Draco right behind me. He was the only other person who knew about my attempt to escape today, so I could tell he had a sense of relief in his face when he saw me. "Didn't think your plan would work." He chuckles, giving me a firm handshake.

"You know better than to doubt me Malfoy." I say, and pat his shoulder as I head off into the toilets to get changed out of my sweaty clothes.

***

12:49 pm

Jessie?
Heyyy im missing youuu
When can I see you again??

Me
I'll let yk when I need my dick sucked

Jessie?
Haha okay mllll

I've linked this girl a couple of times. She's fit and the head's good but it seems like she's getting too attached. I don't feel bad anymore because I did warn her, so it's her own problem if she still doesn't see this as a casual thing. She's annoying too. Talks too much.

I turn on some music and close my eyes, tilting my head back as I try to pass time.

(See you again - Tyler the Creator, Kali Uchis)

***

"Yeah... it's been a while. I'm okay though. It's Christmas! So I'm excited!" She says excitedly... to Malfoy? I see flashes of the people around as she laughs along with them, her smile being the prettiest out of all of theirs. There's no shock she attends Hogwarts too, since I always dream of her in the castle.

"Christmas isn't for another six weeks Levine." Draco interrupts.

"It's practically already here. Shush Malfoy." She says to him and rolls her eyes.

***

1:56 pm

My eyes blink open and I immediately sit up, and process what I just saw, annoyed that it was only a short dream this time... but no problem.

I get to see pretty girl in real life now, finally after so long of wondering who she is and why she was flooding my mind every time I shut my eyes.

I get up and leave my compartment, locking it shut with my wand as I leave my possessions inside. I walk down the aisle and glance into each compartment as I walk by them, looking for her.

I finally stop at one, my eyes meeting her beautiful face... but she's sleeping, her head resting on Nott's shoulder?

Fucks sake.

Even though Nott is my boy, all I felt like doing then and there was punching him straight in the face. My eyes can't leave her, mesmerised at the fact that she's actually real, and not just a creation of my mind.

Before anyone inside their compartment can see me, I turn right back around and head back to my compartment, feeling a sudden rage inside of me.

I've never met her. I've never spoken to her. And up until now, I never even knew she actually existed. For so long I was convinced this gorgeous girl was just a fragment of my imagination, or something. Something to make me feel less alone in a sense... but she's real.

And she's with another man.

***

4:46 pm

My appearance at the Great Hall made me laugh immensely inside, even though I didn't show it on the outside. All the students were whispering and looking away as soon as I even glanced in their direction, all of them cowering away in fear. But the highlight of the whole assembly was when I sat on the same table as her.

My eyes were locked on hers the whole time, but for some reason she was sat there, looking frozen as if she's seen a ghost. She didn't speak once, and I could tell she was fighting the urge to stare... I get that I'm the Dark Lord's son, but the way she was looking at me so... confused, intrigued me. So I decided to use legilimency, a mind reading power I inherited off Voldemort.

"I've been dreaming about the Dark Lord's son!?"

"What!? Why's he at Hogwarts!?"

"I don't know what to do. I wish I could just run out of this hall right now."

"His eyes are so much more pretty in person, and the scars are there too."

"It's definitely the same guy from my dreams. It has to be."

I stop reading her mind and sit there, trying to process what I just discovered. Part of me tries to keep a huge smirk from forming on my face and the other part of me is in complete shock-

She's been having dreams too? About me? Surely this isn't a coincidence?

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

MERRY CHRISTMAS!🎄
NEXT CHAPTERS OUT:
Wednesday 27th December 2023