22 | irony

Tuesday 14th November 2023
7:50 pm

"What now?"

"Our martial arts lesson. You weren't there." He states and my heart skips a beat.

Shit I forgot. But I couldn't care less at this point.

"Wait, what time is it?" I ask him and he pulls out his phone.

"Seven fifty." He states and I let out a breath.

"My bad. I fell asleep."

"You went to sleep?" He asks, almost sounding worried.

"Yeah, why?"

"Oh nothing. So anyway, I'm guessing you know why I did what I did to Nott?" He asks, but I close my eyes and reopen them in confusion, wondering what's going on in his head right now. He's acting strange.

"Yes... I do. How do you know that I know?" I question and he shrugs.

"Thought you must've spoken to Nott already."

"No I was on my way to see him now-"

"Right then. You can give me a lesson now. Come on." He says, putting his arm around my shoulders as I forcefully fall into step with him, as he leads me to the room of requirement.

"Riddle, no." I protest, but suddenly, as we're approaching the room, I hear whispers of some students coming around the corner. I quickly grab Riddle and push him against the wall, stopping him from walking any further which would've resulted in the both of us being seen together.

I slap my hand over his mouth and lean in close to him so I don't get seen either. Suddenly, I begin to grow nervous as I look up into his eyes, only to realise how everything part of us is touching. I slowly remove my hand away from his lips, and for some reason the smirk I expected to be plastered on his face is not there.

Instead, his eyes are locked on mine, flickering down to my lips and back up. His face tenses up as he clenches jaw... and when we both realise what's happening we look away at the same time awkwardly and I take a step back away from him when I realise the students had gone.

"People..." I point to where they had just passed, sounding out of breath and nervous, as I try to explain why I did what I did. "Couldn't be seen."

"I see." He walks past me, and I don't turn around feeling embarrassed, and then hear the room of requirement's doors opening and then closing. With a sigh, after a moment of contemplation, I decide to follow him in.

What a stupid thing to do Jaya.

"I don't want to be here. You're a prick and I don't like you, but I need to get some of my own training in too." I explain, and he nods.

"Of course, of course." He says, and I scan his outfit now that he's taken off his hoodie, to find him in a black compression shirt and joggers, his usual silver chain around his neck. I watch as he throws swift punches at the punching bag in the corner of the room, not paying attention as I walk into the changing room to get changed into some more sensible clothing.

After I get changed into my gym shorts and shirt and throw my hair up into a neater ponytail, I take out my phone and realise I got a notification whilst I was asleep.

creep🥷
wyd
sent at 6:32pm

Your club still on?...
sent at 6:56pm

Hellooo
sent at 7:15pm

Me
oh hey sorry for the late reply
I was asleep
uhm I've decided not to do the club :(

creep🥷
Oh that's ok
Have fun

I head back into the training room and notice Riddle's stopped warming up, and instead he's sat on a bench looking down at his phone with a smile.

"Which bitch has texted you now?" I ask, rolling my eyes. He looks up at me in shock and quickly puts his phone away into his pocket and then stands up with a smile.

"A pretty one."

"Right..." I say and I watch as his eyes flicker down at me outfit and then back up at me. "I suggest you stop staring at my legs you creep."

"Ew, I'd never. I'm just judging your choice of outfit." He lies.

"What's wrong with it?"

"Mines just better." He says, and flexes his biceps, and I look away in disgust.

After a few more moments of squabble, Riddle and I finally get onto the reason why we're here, and we spend about an hour or so, sending jabs and kicks at each other alternatively. I teach him one of my series of moves and he picks it up quite easily.

After we're done, and all sweaty, we take a moment to catch our breath. He looks down at me and shoves my shoulder a little. "You're quite good at this you know."

"I know I am." I say. "That's why I'm the one teaching you." I poke him in the chest, and walk to the vending machine and dispense some orange juice. Riddle goes after me and to my surprise, takes orange juice aswell. "I thought you were an apple guy?"

"I'll change my preferences for you." He winks and I scoff.

"By the way, why did you tell Enzo that the club wasn't on yesterday?" I ask him and I watch as he ignores my question and stabs the straw into the carton. "Do you have selective hearing or something?"

"Something like that."

"Don't avoid the question. Oh and why don't you want me to be friends with Nott?" I ask and he chuckles.

"You really are full of questions, aren't you princess?"

"Don't call me princess."

"Sorry love."

"Don't call me love."

"Sorry darling."

"Ugh you're so annoying." I groan.

"Where are you getting all this information from though? Like about why I don't want you to be friends with Theo? You couldn't have gotten it from Nott because you were just on your way to see him." He asks curiously.

"What, are you some sort of detective?" I laugh nervously.

"I really am starting to think you dream about me Jaya." He laughs and I gasp in shock.

"I am not!" I exclaim.

"Woah, someone's getting defensive." He chuckles and he scans my face. "My god, you really have been dreaming about me haven't you?"

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

NEXT CHAPTERS OUT:
Tuesday 9th January 2024

author's note
UGH school tomorrow😩