11 | overthinkers

Friday 3rd November 2023
1:02 pm

Tori, Pans and I sit together on the carpeted floor of the common room, legs crossed sat ever so close to the fireplace to warm ourselves up.

"I'm never going to like the cold." Tori shivers.

"Cold means Christmas is coming guys." I say to them hopefully.

"And your birthday." Pansy adds, nudging me with a smile.

"Almost forgot about that." I sigh. "Long way to go though yet guys."

"Ugh and there's a long way to go for the winter ball too." Pansy groans. "Omg we didn't tell Tori what happened!"

"Oh Lord." I cover my face.

"WHAT HAPPENED!?" Astoria exclaims and I jump back startled a little.

"Riddle happened." I tell her, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

"Oh my god. Spill!"

"Basically, in summary, Miss Jaya Levine is going to the ball with Mr Mattheo Riddle!" Pansy squeals, and Astoria gasps in shock, and I try to hush them both down because both Pansy and I know that that's not actually the case. My efforts of trying to shut them up is wasted however, as my heart drops when we see Draco, Blaise, Enzo and Theo approaching the three of us sat on the floor.

"You're going with Riddle?" Is the first thing Theo says and Astoria and Pansy immediately shut up, the three of ours faces dropping.

"I-"

"She's not, we were just joking." Pansy says, having my back. I would've been relieved but Theodore does not look convinced. The thing is, we're not together so he shouldn't be so bothered, even if it was true.

The boys sit down with us on the floor, apart from Theo who remains standing with his hands in his pockets.

"I'd stay away from Riddle if I were you." Malfoy suggests, and I raise a brow in confusion.

"I am away. I have nothing to do with him?"

"Just saying. He's a player, so don't think you're special when he flirts with you." He shrugs and Pansy pulls a disgusted face at him.

"Boo you ferret. No need to be a bitch. You don't even know the context of our conversation." Pansy says to him but he just rolls his eyes, dismissing what she just said.

The group start a conversation of their own, mainly based around Draco and Pansy arguing between themselves, when I see Theo walk away. I stand up to follow him so I can talk to him about what he heard, but right at that moment, Riddle appears out of nowhere and approaches us. He daps up Theo, and they start having a conversation between themselves as I stand there clueless.

I hear bits and bobs of what they're saying, things like, "You going with her?" And "You're not officially together are you?" I take a deep breath and walk straight past the pair, storming out of the common room as I can't handle the awkwardness any longer.

To be honest, the main reason I left was I couldn't be assed having to explain myself to Theo and apologise for it, when I know there's nothing to apologise for and he's not going to believe me anyway.

I never agreed to go to the ball with Mattheo, he just joked about it to Pansy, and I doubt Theo would believe me if I tried to explain that to him. But even if he did believe me, things wouldn't be the same as his doubts would ruin everything.

That's the thing with Theo, he's a big overthinker, but I don't blame him. So am I.

One of the biggest.