16 | close proximity

Monday 13th November 2023
3:01 pm

A whole week had gone by since the day that the photo of me and Riddle got released to the whole school. There were pros and cons to this occurring, mostly cons. The only advantage being that Jessica has finally left our friendship group. Apart from that, everything else has gone upside down.

Theo won't even look at me, which I find really pathetic.

Riddle has kept his distance I can't lie, which is good. I guess he was getting fed up of the allegations (about me and him being a 'thing') from all the other students, who would never talk about it to his face of course, since they're absolutely freaked out by him.

I, on the other hand, have been interrogated the most by countless people, mostly girls who thirst over Riddle, asking me how I won him over etc.

It's funny how they assume that I was the one who had to chase him, when in reality he's the one who's always in my business. Although, I'm glad he's stayed away from me this week, because he really does piss me off, and he isn't a good person either... from what I've seen.

After my dream about him talking to Draco about me, saying how he's just gonna mess about... never will I even think about liking him again.

I've been trying to hide from McGonagall all day since she's been trying to chase me down to ask me if I've started up the martial arts club yet. I haven't, because it's embarrassing knowing that no one will turn up. And in reality, how is martial arts going to help them fight You-Know-Who and his death eaters?

I guess it could be a good distraction from all the chaos going on. It is for me anyway. It releases my stress and tensions and just allows me to get away from everyone else. Sometimes, when I need it the most, the Room of Requirement will open up for me, creating my own space to train and workout, practicing my martial arts skills. It hasn't shown up today yet though.

"What lesson have you got now Jaya?" Pansy asks me as we stroll through the corridors.

"Potions. You?"

"History of Magic." She groans.

"Ew boring."

"At least you get to sit next to a hottie in your class. I don't get that luxury." She complains.

"Mattheo Riddle is not hot." I state, but as soon as I look straight, I realise he's stood right in front of me, looking down at me.

Brilliant timing.

"We all know you think otherwise Levine." He says and I roll my eyes, trying to push past him but he stops me, taking hold of my wrist.

"Let me go." He releases his grip almost immediately thankfully, but looks at me with a sigh.

"You got potions too?" He asks and I nod. "Let's walk." I'm about to open my mouth in protest but Pansy skidaddles away from me, with a grin and beckons me to go on with Mattheo. I groan and continue to walk with him by my side, only to gain stares from all the students around.

This won't help the rumours that have been spreading like a disease over the last week. Way to fuel the fire.

His broad ass shoulders and biceps nudge into my side as he walks and I have to take a step away from him just so he doesn't knock me over.

"You haven't spoken to me in a week." He states abruptly.

"You miss me that much?"

"It's been heaven." He finishes off what he was saying and I roll my eyes.

"Lovely to know that you hate me just as much as I hate you." I say and he shakes his head.

"I hate no one. I'm not a hateful guy, it's a bad trait to have. And plus, it's a strong word. I have no problem with you, apart from the fact that you're highly annoying and incompetent." I scoff at his words and look up at him.

"Me? Incompetent? Wow, that's new." I laugh but stop instantly when I see McGonagall heading in our direction. I notice the janitor's small room right next to us, and instinctively and unconsciously pull Mattheo in there with me in order to hide away from the Professor before she saw me.

The doors shuts close, and there's a dim light coming from the small window on the door. Our bodies are pressed against each other's due to the tight space, and the smell of his cologne fills my senses. I notice my hand holding his still, and I quickly let go, looking up at him with a glance and then looking away.

"What you trying to do Jaya?" He asks with a low voice, for some reason sending shivers through me.

"Hide from McGonagall." I say quietly, feeling nervous to be in such close proximity with him. He lets out a deep breath and leans slightly against the wall behind him, and suddenly, he pulls me by my waist into him, further, noticing McGonagall walking past.

I let out a sigh of relief when she finally walks past without noticing us, but I also feel something else pressing against my lower half. A smile forms on my face and I look up at Mattheo and he looks away this time, his tongue rolling across his inner bottom lip.

I'm about to open the door to leave as I turn around, but he suddenly pulls me again, my ass this time against him. He tilts his head down and whispers into my ear, "Ssh." I realise why he pulled me back, when I see Jessica stood right outside our door.

"Shit." I whisper, leaning back further into him so that she doesn't see me through the window. I feel his hands resting on my hips, slowly gliding up and down my waist.

"Fuck." He whispers, and I feel my heart skip a beat. "What are you doing to me Jaya?"

I feel his hard on against my ass, and my breathing begins to grow heavy. I place my hands over each of his, and guide his hands under my shirt, gliding across my skin sending butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

His hands get lower and lower without my guidance and I suddenly remember his words.

"I could win her over easily then fuck her off straight after. I guess that would humble her ego."

I push his hands off of me and get off of him, turning around to face him, the light from the window shining on his hazel eyes. My eyes flicker away from him and then back to his face, my heart racing.

"You good?" He asks and I nod, before swinging the door open to leave.