2 | a strange girl

Wednesday 1st November 2023
11:26 am

I rush myself to platform 9¾, where there's a bustling crowd of parents and students who rush to get on the train. My luggage has already been sent off to Hogwarts - courtesy of daddy's money - so I quickly board the train. I get a ping from my phone and smile to see a text from Pansy.

WIFE💞
jay jay where r u Jessica won't shut up about her bf omg
ME AND ASTORIA NEED SAVING 🗣️🔥

Me
On my way!
ew god it autocorrected
omw*

WIFE💞
i giggled at that even though I know the pain </3

Me
right just stick ur head out of the compartment ur in pls so i can find u

I put my phone away and begin to walk down te aisle of the train and eventually see Pansy poking her head out of a compartment, making me giggle as I rush up to her and give her a hug. "Awh, I missed you too bitch." Pansy laughs. "But on a real one, you came at the perfect time. She's sat in there rambling on and on."

Both me and Pansy look into the compartment she was sat in, to find Astoria sat there opposite Jessica, who won't stop talking. Astoria sees me and her face lights up, and she instantly gets up from her seat and rushes to me, and I give her a tight squeeze. She whispers in my ear, "I missed you so much but oh my god, please help me." I laugh and look at the both of them.

"It can't be that bad, can it?" I ask them and they just stand there looking drained. I decide to enter the compartment and it immediately goes awkward when Jessica sees me. "Hey Jess, it's so good to see you!"

"Oh hey Jaya, same." She laughs awkwardly, as the girls come back in and sit down. "You came just in time! I was just telling the girls about my mannnn!" She squeals, and I try my best to keep myself from bursting out into laughter when both Pansy and Astoria let out a squeal along with her. It's like this has been going on for ages and they've been conditioned into squealing along with her. Poor girls, they've been through a lot.

"Oh is it?"

"Yah, so basically..." She continues to waffle about her 'boyfriend' but my attention is drawn to the boys sat in the compartment opposite ours. I spot Theo, looking straight at me too and the two of us smile, and he gives me a little wave and I wave back.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you Jaya, the boys have somehow ended up in the compartment opposite ours." Pansy tells me.

"All I'm saying is, it definitely wasn't by accident." Astoria raises her hands.

"You've got that one right." I laugh, as we all notice Blaise, Draco, Enzo and Theo all looking at us now too.

"So have you spoken to him?" Pansy asks me.

"Hm? Theo?"

"Yes silly, who else?"

"Well things were really good between us before the holidays but I can't lie... we haven't spoken much at all over the break. Like barely at all." I tell her. "So it's a bit awkward."

"Ohhh nooo! This cannot be! I'm your biggest shipper." Astoria groans.

"Don't worry Tori, it's not over yet." Pansy reassures her, making me giggle, as I continue to make subtle eye contact with Theo through the glass. "They're meant to be!"

"I don't know guys... I like him, but we'll see how it goes."

"Personally, I don't think he's being bold enough." Jessica adds, and I get taken aback, because I kind of forgot she was there for a moment. "You see, my man is like so confident, and just like bold with everything he does. Theodore should be more like him for real."

The three of us just go silent for a moment and stare at her blankly.

"Your man seems like the dream, Jess!" I exclaim, and both Pans and Tori hold in their laughter. "Almost as if he isn't real."

"Oh, he so is. It's going to be hard for you girls to find a man who's just as good as him. Hands off! Haha!" She laughs, before continuing to tap away on her phone, her nails rattling against the screen as she chews her gum with her mouth open.

"Haha." I awkwardly laugh, trying to compose myself. Jessica is another type of strange, and I seriously wonder how me and the girls have dealt with her for so long.

I'm about to whisper something to Pansy and Tori who sit beside me, but my eyes catch a glimpse of someone walking past our compartment, a boy... tall... with brunette curls. No fucking way.

I pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming again, and it hurts. This is real. But there's no way I saw him - I mean there's no way to be certain. It could've been another student who just looks kind of like him. I mean he did only walk past for a split second. Too short time for me to even get a proper look. But... I owe it to myself to go and check. Otherwise, I'll be wondering what could've been.

I stand up and let the girls know that I'm going to the loo, and head out of the compartment, and walk down the aisle along the train. I scan each compartment I walk past, trying to find him... but he's no where to be seen. I feel like im going crazy. What am I doing? He. Is not. Real. I need to remind myself of that.

I actually go to the loo to just take a bit of time out, and compose myself, when suddenly, I get a ping on my phone.

tori pie🧸
GIRL GET BACK THEODORE NOTT IS IN OUR COMPARTMENT

Me
WHAT

tori pie🧸
HE WAS LOOKING FOR U AND NOW JESSICA IS FLIRITING WITH HIM
COME GET UR MAN

Me
IM On my way!
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE

tori pie🧸
happens to the best of us💔
OH SHIT ALL THE BOYS ARE HERE NOW

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

NEXT CHAPTERS OUT:
Saturday 23rd November 2023