74; Boyfriend

boyfriend• a regular male companion with whom one has a romantic relationship.

~

"I'm not going, the games on tonight babe!" Roman cried.

Luciana shot her head towards him. "Roman... we talked about this! We agreed to go, this kids parents invited us over."

"I agreed not knowing the game was on, so I am sorry I am not going to this dinner." Roman firmly stated.

Luciana crossed her arms. "I dare you to—"

The front door slammed open and closed.

"Lanu! Lanu don't even listen to them, they're just jealous!" They heard Seth and Becky's daughter's voice, Ciara.

"Auntie Luci!" Ciara came around the corner to the kitchen. "Can you please help!"

"What happened?"

"These mean girls at school, they found out Lanu and Easton were dating. One of the girls had like a major crush on him and instantly got mad when she figured out he was with Lanu." Ciara. "She made a comment about Lanu, saying she was ugly and not pretty enough to be with Easton."

"The kids name is Easton?" Roman made a face.

"Shut up!" Luciana rolled her eyes. "I'll go talk to her."

She ran upstairs to Lanu's room, seeing the door was locked. "Lanu, please open the door now please."

It took a while but eventually she heard the door unlock, Luciana walked in and seen her daughter laying on her bed, her face covered in pillows.

"I'm sorry for slamming the door," Lanu cried.

"It's okay, it'll be okay." Luciana gently grabbed her daughter and sat her up.

"Why do I have to be so ugly, I'm not pretty enough to be with him."

"You are not ugly Lanuola. You are beautiful, I would know. You came from me and your dad, you are not ugly." Luciana held her hand.

"You just have to say that because you're my mom!" Lanu cried a little harder.

Lucianas eyes widened a little. "Oh? Because I'm your mom it doesn't count?"

Lanu nodded.

"Because I'm your mom it counts the most. Because I know you the most. You are not ugly, and anyone who cares to know you, will see that. Mija if this guy really likes you, he will see you for you. Looks do not matter."

"I tried to pretend it didn't bother me, but they made fun of my scar." Lanu wiped her tears.

When Lanu was little, she fell off a bike, falling on her face. Luckily she was okay, the accident did leave a scar on her face, not too big but it went from the side of her chin, a little down her neck. And it wasn't until recently she started feeling insecure about it.

Luciana took a deep breath and held both her daughter's hands. "Look at me, we all have marks on our face. I have this scar on my temple from going through a table, I have this one right here from Levon, look at my arms and legs. I have them all over me. Do you know how many times I got made fun of not only because of my looks but my accent. When I first came to America, so many people told me I spoke funny. Or I couldn't speak proper english and I'd never make it here."

Lanu looked at her mom and sighed.

Luciana put her hand on Lanus heart. "This is the map that shows us where we're going," she then pointed at her own face. "And this is the map that shows us where we've been... And it is never, ever ugly."