26; Truth

truth• that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.

~
We made it back to our house after dinner. I couldn't believe Cesar would even hang around a crowd like that. It just didn't add up. All three boys had just finished showering, me and Roman waited in the kitchen for them.

"I'm sure he has a reasonable explanation." Roman rubbed my shoulders, an attempt to ease my nerves.

"Hopefully." I sighed and buried my face in my hands.

"He's almost done." Luciano said as him and Oscar walked in the kitchen. I gave them a nod.

"I hope he doesn't take this to another level." Oscar said.

"Hey guys," Cesar walked in. "What are you talking about?"

"Come sit," Luciano patted the chair next to him.

"What's going on?" Cesar was puzzled.

Luciana took a breath and leaned over the counter, "Cesar.. Oscar has told us some things, that raised his concern about you."

"Okay, like what?"

"Did you join The Santos?" Oscar jumped right to it.

"You told them?!" Cesar yelled at his brother.

"Cesar he's just concerned about you, he's asking a serious question. Have you joined a gang?" Luciano calmly asked.

Cesar immediately tensed up, his jaw clenching. "No. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Cesar, you for some reason can't talk to me about it, but I know damn well you can talk to Luciana." Oscar argued.

"Cesar," Luciana reached over and held his hand. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." He simply replied. I gave him a look. "Okay fine! I.. I was in some trouble and I needed the money."

"What kind of trouble?" Luciano asked, trying to further the conversation.

"It was just gamble debts.. And I didn't have enough money at the time and Carlos is in the gang and got me a deal with The Santos... I'd make a couple drops for them and I'd get the money."

"Then why'd you come home holding your sides?!" Oscar growled.

"The guy I made the debts with grew impatient! And he found me after work!"

"Do you have any idea how stupid that is Cesar? How stupid you are?! What if they know our family?! Luciana is a big famous wrestler, engaged to The Rocks freaking cousin and Luciano is a world class soccer player who is well know!" Oscar yelled and stood up. " ¡Eres un Idiota! ¿Cómo pudiste hacer algo como esto? ¿Sabes el peligro en el que podríamos estar?

Cesar stood up and went face to face with his brother, "I know I made a stupid decision but I am not an idiot!" He shoved Oscar back.

The yelling... The shouts.. The pushing...

"Stop!" Luciano yelled as the two brothers began to fight against each other. Me and Roman ran over, trying to break things up. Luciano got punched, and Cesars hand went up and slapped my eye.

"Agh!" I held my eye.

"Luci!" Cesar shouted and came to my side. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"

"Baby!" Roman ran to me. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine." I managed to say.

"I'll get some ice." Oscar said and ran to the kitchen.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!" Cesar hugged me, I felt him begin to cry, his tears falling on my shoulder.