chapter 6

Nick Nelson P.O.V

Today was interesting to say the least.  I couldn't help my mind from wondering back to Audrey wrapped in that towel; with a massive injury. I wonder if her shoulder is okay. Maybe I should ask?

Nick:
Hey! Just wanted to check on you, and see if you're feeling any better.

I set my phone face down on my desk, as my legs bounce anxiously waiting for a response. Which doesn't come for what feels like hours but in reality is only minutes.

Audrey Johnson:
About to take some pain meds. Care to join me?
(Sends photo)

 Care to join me? (Sends photo)

Holy shit. She wants me to smoke with her?  That's might be the hottest thing I've ever heard.

Shut up Nick. What's wrong with you. Don't think like that.

I feel my feet carrying me to the door before my brain can rationalize that this might be a bad idea. I wonder if Charlie would be proud of me at this point. Following myself around some girl I hardly know, getting high.

I can't seem to help myself though. Something about her makes me feel something I haven't in a long time. She intrigues me, or at the least distracts me. A distraction sounds really nice right about now.

"Going out with your lads?" Mum says, drinking from her cup of tea while sitting on the livingroom couch.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah I am." I say disappointed that I sound so unsure of myself, so I try to sell it better.
"Just some of the guys in football, we're gonna catch a film." I finish sounding more confident.

"Alright dear have fun! Don't stay out past midnight it's a school night!" She calls back and I continue my way to the car.

I mean honestly, I knew she would let me go. When Charlie first passed I basically barricaded myself in my room for months. Shes just happy I seem to be a bit back to my old self. 

-

Audrey Johnson P.O.V.

I try my best to sneak through the front door, hoping my father wasn't home. The last thing I needed is to injure my shoulder anymore than it already is.

"Why are you home late from school?" He says his words slur slightly and I can tell he's drunk.

Nope not sneaky enough.

I'm not even late from school, I must've taken too long to walk home this time. He probably wanted me to be started on dinner by now. I told you there were consequences when I didn't have dinner ready for him.

"You were probably out with some guy, being a slut just like your mother was. Weren't you? Planning on leavening me alone with some guy, just like she did?!" He says walking closer to me. I press my back closer into the front door.