Chapter 14

Nick Nelson's P.O.V

I'm thankful when rugby practice is finally over. I want to get to Charlie's house as soon as I can. He wasn't at school today. He stayed home sick. Poor guy, I bet he's ready for my stinky post practice cuddles. I know I am. I bet it will cheer him right up actually.

I text him I'm on my way over, but he doesn't respond. It's a little weird because usually he texts back immediately, but he is sick so I just brush it off.

I knock on the door and his mum answers with a smile.

"Nick! Come on in. He's upstairs." His mum says, I greet her briefly then my way up the stairs. Ready to see my boyfriend as soon as possible.

"Ohhh. Charlie your favorite person in the whole world is finally here!" I sign cheerfully as I walk into his bedroom.

I'm surprised to see he's not in bed. I search his room and find he's not in it at all.

Must be in the bathroom.

I had waited around in his room for about twenty minutes when I go looking again.

I walk to the bathroom across the hall from his room and knock.

No response.

So I try the door handle, but find it to be locked. I jiggle it a couple times just to be sure, and I put my ear against the door to see if I can hear Charlie in there.

He must feel so sick. I'm actually starting to feel worried. Hopefully he hasn't passed out again or something.

"Charlie! Are you in there?" I say softly. Still no response.

Now I'm really starting to feel panicked. I jiggle the door knob harder and push against the door a little this time.

"Charlie?" I call out again a little louder.

The door suddenly opens. Creaking while it does, and I take in the scene in front of me.

Charlie...
He's fully clothed, and in the bathtub. The water is a dark red, and I can see the large gash from his wrist to his elbows on both arms. Still oozing with the red substance.

I think I'm in shock because I can't move. My feet feel glued to the ground, and I'm confused, hurt, and scared all at once.

"No...Charlie..." Escapes my lips in a whisper. And I'm finally able to move. My feet carry my body to the tub and instantly grab him. Pulling him out. He's completely limp, and lighter than he's ever been.

I grab a towel from the hook on the wall, and my body slides down to the ground. I pull Charlie into me, protectively; and I wrap the towel around him, making sure it holds pressure on both of his arms. In efforts to stop the bleeding.

I hear someone screaming and it takes me a while to realize it's me.

"Help, somebody help us!" My voice rips through the quiet house. And multiple pairs of feet are heard running in my direction. Everyone must've heard the terror and urgency in my voice.

Tori reaches us first. I can hear her saying something but my brain doesn't comprehend what she's saying.

"Stay with me Charlie. Please Char, please." I cry holding his body tighter.

Within minutes someone is taking his body away from me, and I fight to keep ahold of him

"Charlie!! No Charlie!!" I scream as the paramedics pry him from my grip. I immediately want to follow him, chase after them. I'm still screaming.