Chapter 25

Audrey Johnson P.O.V:

After eating entirely way too much, I am stuffed. Ah yes, the sensation of a warm full stomach. Something I've grown foreign to; yet here I am with Nick, full bellies and all.

"Thank you so much. That was the best food I've ever had maybe. I only ever remember eating my own cooking; and spoiler. I'm not that good at it. So yeah, thanks. Very yummy." I ramble as we make our way out of the restaurant.

Rambling. That's new too.

"No thank you, I needed this evening, I think. I had a really great time." He says, and I blush. Not knowing how to respond.

"Is your cousin picking you up?" He asks.

"Oh yeah. My cousin." I start quietly. "I forgot to tell her about tonight all together actually. Do you think it would be alright with your mom if I come over to yours instead?" I finish, hoping I don't sound as nervous and desperate as I feel.

"Of course

"Of course. I would really like that. I'm parked over this way." He says with an encouraging little half grin.

Damn that made me feel special.

"So was that really the first time you've ever been to a restaurant." He says as we walk together in unison, the street lights are the only source of light; casting a warm glow on Nicks already fiery hair.

"Yep. Well, at least I think so. Maybe when I was too young to really remember I might've went with my parents or something."  I say shrugging.

"Well we're going to have to fix that. Aren't we?" He says with a warm smile his thick British accent, making me want to swoon. I blush a deep red.

"Y-yeah, I would really like that."

"Good. Maybe Fridays can be our thing, we can go after school to a new place to try every week? What do you think?" He says opening the passenger door for me, as we reach his car.

I say a thank you as I graciously get into the open door. I finish my response before he could close it.
"That would be so much fun. I better find a job so I can start paying you back." I say only half joking.

He leans against the car door. "What? Don't be ridiculous. I'd never let my girl pay for her dinner." He says with his adorable signature half smile, then he closes my door; walking around the front, getting in the car himself.

My girl? Did he just say that? Did he really mean that?

The drive to Nicks house is done in a comfortable silence. Which is great for me because it gives me more time to think.

His house is close by so it only takes like 15 minutes to get there.

We make our way into his house, with plans of going upstairs to play Mario Kart.