Prologue

(Don't forget to vote on your favorite chapters! Thank you to everyone whose been enjoying this story so far! And to anyone who wants to give it a try, I promise it'll be worth it! Now onto the book! 🥳📚)

Nick Nelson's P.O.V

I'm thankful when rugby practice is finally over.

I want to get to Charlie's house as soon as possible. He wasn't at school today. He stayed home sick. Poor guy, he's probably in desperate need of my sweaty post practice cuddles. I know I am.

I text him while on my way over, but he doesn't respond. It's a little weird because usually he texts back immediately, but he is sick I tell myself. Excitement takes over for worry.

I knock on the door and his mum answers with a smile and a creak.

"Nick! Come on in. He's upstairs." His mum says, I greet her respectfully then make my way up the stairs. Ready to see my boyfriend as soon as possible.

"Ohhh, Charlie your favorite person in the whole world is finally here!" I sing cheerfully as I walk into his bedroom. Him staying home sick, meant we have spent entirely too much time apart lately.

I'm surprised to see he's not in bed. I continue to search his room and come to find he's not in it at all.

Hmm. That's odd.

Must be in the bathroom.

Plopping down on the bed I wait anxiously.After waiting 20 minutes I begin to pace around the room. Looking around for anything i might have missed, I notice a slip of paper on his desk. My name is written at the top of the paper so I assume it's okay if I go ahead and read whatever it is.

Nick
I am so sorry for what I must do, but I can't keep living with this pain anymore. I hope you can understand one day.  I never meant to hurt you. I love you more than anything. Goodbye.
Charlie x

My heart starts beating faster as my brain tries to process what I'm reading. I find my feet moving before I realize it, and I'm walking the hall to the bathroom. Dropping the paper somewhere in the process.

I knock three times. No response.

So I try the door handle, but find it locked. Jiggling it a couple times just to be sure; I put my ear against the door to see if I can hear Charlie in there.

"Charlie, Are you in there?" I say softly. Still no response.

Now I'm really starting to feel panicked. I jiggle the door knob harder and push against the door a little this time.

"Charlie?" I call out again a little louder almost shouting.

I'm thankful for the weak doors in Charlie's house, because with one more twist of the handle, and shove of the door it pops open.

It creaks loudly as it opens, and I take in the scene in front of me.

Charlie...

He's fully clothed, and in the bathtub. The water is a dark red, and I can see the large gash from his wrist to his elbows on both arms. Still oozing with the red substance.

The ringing in my ears becomes deafening. In an instant, I feel bile forcing it's way up my throat and I hunch over vomiting.

I think I'm in shock because I can't seem to move. My feet glued to the ground; my mind confused, hurt, and terrified all at once.

"No...Charlie..." I mutter barely over a whisper. I find myself finally able to move. My feet carry my trembling body to the tub. My hands plunge through the blood and water reaching under his limp torso.My body strains in complete numbness. There is no great weight and I would not have felt it if there was.

I act quickly grabbing a towel from the hook on the wall and pull Charlie into me, he was so cold. Wrapping the towel around him my body slides down to the ground, but I only hold Charlie tighter, desperately trying to force the warmth from my body and into his.

I faintly hear someone screaming and it takes me a while to realize it's me.

"Help!Please!Somebody!" My voice rips through the unknowing house. And multiple pairs of feet are heard running in my direction. Everyone must've heard the terror and urgency in my voice.

Tori reaches us first. I can hear her saying something but my brain doesn't comprehend what she's saying.

"Stay with me Charlie." I brush a few curls out of his face. He looks so peaceful. "Please Char, please." I cry harder, holding his body tighter. My cheeks are soaked and my eyes burn.

Within minutes someone is taking his body away from me, and I fight to keep ahold of him. Kicking punching and screaming, anything I can to keep ahold of him. Multiple men who are taller then me and in uniform start to pull us apart. I can feel my grip on his cold body loosen
"Charlie!! No Charlie!!" I scream as the paramedics pry him from my grip. I immediately want to follow him, chase after them. I'm still screaming when Tori stops me. She just pulls me into a hug and buries her face into my neck to hide her eyes from the horrific sight of the bathroom that night.

"CHARLIE!!" our voices scream into one another shoulders. What was always meant to be was now taken, leaving two crying huddled heaps in a bloody bathroom.

(NEW STORY) So American ❋ Nick NelsonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara