Chapter 20

Audrey Johnson's P.O.V

"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are." I slur softly. Finding the alcohol in my system making me more chatty.

"Haha, yes, actually." Nick says as he puts his hands on my waist, steadying my body as I trip on my own feet and almost fall.

"Well good, because they are sooo pretty." I say, as I take another drink form my cup. I'm almost finished with my third large cup of hard liquor.

I seen the coach who assaulted me here, and Nick brought me so close to him without any clue what kind of monster he really is. It freaked me out enough, that I've decided getting drunk is my best answer.
To just forget it all for a little while.

I can see why my dad was an alcoholic, because this stuff feels amazing. I brush off the thought that I'm becoming like my father, and instead wrap my arms around Nicks neck. Taking him completely by surprise.

"Dance with me." I slur. Sending him a cheeky grin and he only laughs in return.

"But I can't dance." He says.

"Actually I can't either." I say, pouting.

"You're too cute when you pout." Nick says and I blush.

"Can I have another drink?" I say softly. Changing the subject.

"No way am I letting you drink another drop of alcohol on my watch. At this rate you're already going to have a massive hangover in the morning." He says laughing, and I pout again. This only makes him laugh harder.

"What are you doing to me Audrey Johnson?" He says. His tone unreadable.

I tilt my head to the side and furrow my eye brows in confusion. What does he mean by that?

"Come on, I'll introduce you to some of my friends." He says suddenly, removing my arms from around his neck and replacing my hand with his.

We work our way around our room as I meet various people, I never say anything to them. Just smile and wave, none of them seemed to mind. Everyone in this school knows I'm mute.

Nick is quite popular.

He gets into a long conversation with his best friend Aaron about some football something I don't get anyways. I feel the urge to pee, but I don't want to bother Nick. So I just slip away quietly without him noticing, I guess I'm kinda an expert at that.

I wonder around for a while. Trying to find the bathroom in the big house.

I stumble as I open the different doors, being wrong multiple times and seeing way too much for my innocent eyes.
I open one last door; and I want to cheer from success when I notice it's the bathroom.

As I go to close the door behind me, a strong hand catches it. Stopping it from closing all the way. I stumble back a little confused. The ground sways as I do, reminding me of how drunk I actually am.

The man pushes it open, then comes inside. Quickly closing the door behind him. I immediately recognize him as Coach Griffin.

"I was wondering when I would get a moment alone with you." He says in a dark voice and I shiver. My head feels fuzzy and I know I'm in no place to defend myself right now. I revoke any nice thing I said about alcohol before this moment. Because I am so mad at myself right now for being drunk.

I start stepping backwards, but he grabs my wrist. Pulling me back to him, then he pushes me roughly against the sliding glass doors of the shower. They rattle loudly from the impact of my body. I whimper.

"First you're just standing there all alone in a towel. And now, here you are. In my own home. It's almost like you keep asking me for this." He sickly whispers in my ear, as his hands start to make a move for my waistband.