Bed warmer

Chapter 2: Bed Warmer

Amor POV

I walked into the event building through the back door, not interested in arousing any questions about my presence there.

By my side, I always have my cousin Maribel, who is also my best friend and my half-brother Martin. They are both my half-siblings. I might be confusing you, so let me explain further.

My mom, who is now resting in peace, died when I was 5 years old in an accident that I don't know how it happened because I was with them when it occurred. In the same year, my mom's sister got divorced from her abusive husband and moved into our house.

I was happy because Maribel came with her too. She was three years old and was uncontrollable with everyone except me. I was the only one who enjoyed her carefree attitude, her wild spirit, and encouraged her to be whatever she wanted in the future.

Often, I got scolded by my aunt for giving her freedom, but I didn't listen since I saw her and my father in the same bed when I climbed to stay between my mom and him. I kept my distance, even though it hurt to see her take the place of my mother around the house. But it was a necessary measure, as my dad said after he married her and brought me to his office.

He said, "When you grow up, you will understand that a man always needs a woman." At that time, I didn't comprehend, but nowadays I loathe him for being so needy, especially when my memories came back and I discovered why the accident happened.

My mom had found out about his cheating and couldn't handle it because the other woman was my teacher. That's why she was scolding and screaming at him, not seeing the road when the truck hit us.

I welcomed his new child like my brother, although Maribel was against it. I needed to keep an eye on them every time he and my aunt went away.

Coming back to my present time, when I am listening from above to the whole speech that Ricardo gave, accompanied by Maribel and Martin who were both easily annoyed as they preferred action rather than listening.

Suddenly, at the moment She entered  all the guests gasp at the same time and  Maribel almost tore my arm in excitement.

"Thank you, bro, for insisting on bringing me here. Now I will have the chance to meet her and brag about it to my friends." This was news to me. Maribel sympathizing with someone else. Besides me and her hobbies, I thought she hadn't left any space for another interest. Looks like I was wrong. She went away and mingled with the crowd while I stood up, admiring how that exclusive red wine-colored dress accentuated her delicate neckline and had an open back that reached the floor, ending with a small tail.

"She looks like my new attractive companion," the bourbon smell hit my nose before his words.

"Stop labeling women like that, and I thought you would not drink anymore after the accident you had a month ago," I raised my voice, attempting to calm the urge to remodel his face for thinking about her.

Wait, why do I suddenly care about her? I haven't even met her yet, and I'm already defending her. I usually don't mind when he denigrates women, as it's not my task to make him see the importance that women hold in our society.

"I want to enjoy my life with women, drink, do whatever I want. It's not like you, who I bet is still a virgin. You don't know a thing about women who nowadays like to be treated like trash," he vented out and left me alone, joining the gala.

I turned around and stared at her as she swayed so delicately, feeling like the dress perfectly suited her. Recalling what Martin just said, I made up another plan, different from the first one.

Her father had talked about her with great admiration during our secret meeting. And yet, he didn't confess that she was a well-known model, and her name was a brand too. These pieces of information were given to me by Daniella, my super-efficient assistant, who, if she were in front of me, would throw her entire working desk at me. She also called me an alien who occasionally visits Earth.

Okay, I admit that I am not someone who spends their time laughing at stupid videos or chasing after famous people and giving their smallest movements undeserving attention.

I am important too, I am famous too. Maybe not for ordinary people, but the business world knows me well. I took a company in ruins and made it grow ten times in just two years.

I was working as a CEO in Chicago for a clothing brand when I received the news that my father had a stroke that left him bedridden for life.

When I left the house after my high school graduation, the company was at the top in the south of the USA. And I founded it without a penny and a lot of debt with banks. Using all my knowledge and the respect I had built through hard work, I was able to restore the company and make it successful again.

I was lost in my thoughts about my past when the lavender fragrance that had been lingering in my mind for a week now filled my senses, and I wasn't paying attention to Ricardo's words. When he was about to introduce me to his daughter, I got lost in her brown eyes that had an amber reflection due to the light above.

I noticed her left wrist, where a red thread twirled like an ivy, and then something strange happened. The red thread on my left hand constricted my blood veins, raising my heartbeat, and my breathing became heavy. I could sense that she was experiencing the same sensation, but she seemed numb, glued to the spot. I took her hand, and it was cold. I placed my lips there and breathed to warm her up. She was still wondering as her eyes were on me, but her mind seemed elsewhere.

Giving her a once-over, I felt more than just my heartbeat quickening, especially when she parted her lips. How much I wanted to slide my tongue inside and taste her plump lips. Especially the lower one. I wanted to suck it until there was no blood left.

Wait a minute, what is going on with me? I was thinking about something else, and now I'm doubting everything. I want more than a contract marriage now. This woman will be my bed warmer, and maybe more. I won't be hypocritical here, telling my brother to hold his tongue, and then saying the same thing. I will hold onto her, not letting her fall from my hands, as no woman has made me feel all these things at the same time.