Be My Baby Machine

Chapter 3

Be My Baby Machine

Author POV

Her father removed her hand from his hold, rather harshly, with the pretext that their music was playing in the air. Although he was the one that introduced them just minutes ago, and this was to please his wife, Ximena, who had been insisting on the marriage contract that could save their brand and at the same time establish Maya.

Flashbacks

"Mi amor, understand me. I can't decide for the life of our princess. She is an adult right now and capable of deciding for herself."

"You think that I don't know?! She is hurt and needs someone in her life, someone who is stable, away from the camera light. He is perfect for her."

"They don't know each other. What makes you think that they will fall in love being obligated to co-live in the same place?!"

"Something tells me that they are made for each other."

"Ximena, the last word belongs to Maya and she will not need to decide for her life thinking of us. We are her parents and I can start from scratch again just to not allow her to suffer."

"I know, love. She will decide for her future. We are just giving her an option. He is the right one, respectful, responsible – reminds me of you, who only had two things in mind: work hard and me." She locked her arms around his neck, allowing him to rest his head on her shoulder.

"I wish to wipe away all those moments that hurt our princess. I know I have failed her as I couldn't protect her from all those vultures that tried to put her down."

"Look, she is better now with the new job you gave her, and if she accepts the proposal, she will be perfectly fine, trust me." Ximena cocooned Ricardo, assuring him that this was the best option for her.

End.

Both of them are worried about their daughter's future life. They have been waiting for her to say that she is in love, but Maya never came with a man beside her. They even questioned if she was a lesbian, but she laughed at their suspicion. "If I were, trust me Dad, you would have been the first to know," she had told them, shaking her head, not believing where the imagination can go. Not that she had something against them, but it was impossible for her to be in love with the same gender that was her nightmare. Ximena invited him to dance, and he accepted, even apologizing that it wasn't his request from the start. "It's understandable. You just met her, and her aura captivated you. No, that is my precious daughter, but she is a piece of heaven. If she accepts the proposal, you will be the luckiest man on Earth to have her by your side."

"Why didn't you tell me that she was the famous model of runways?"

"I wanted you to have the chance to meet her without her past that has brought pain since she chose that path, but gracias a La Virgen, she left that and now is doing what she was meant to do. Designing jewelry – the necklace she wears is her creation. I don't mean only the design, but also the handwork. Both of you have the same gifts. I told her, and time will come when you will confess yours. Now let's exchange partners." Ximena gracefully left his hand and went to her love, but Maya didn't fall into his arms. Martin caught her hand.

The unpleasant chills of the past covered her senses as the man pulled her against his body, with his hand touching her bare back. She was breathing heavily. Her amber flame was vanishing from her eyes as she stood like a statue in his arms. "Bro, you look like you're going to throw flames anytime soon. By the way, have you seen Maya? I couldn't find her earlier…" Maribel continued speaking, but he wasn't listening to her for the first time as his attention was on the siren trapped in the arms of his playboy brother. She seemed to be flirting with him as she flashed her smile.