Busted

Chapter 17

Busted 

Robert's POV

I love the way she acts bold with me. I am thrilled to know that I can ignite desire inside her. I am willing to be burned around her just so she can be joyous for the rest of her days. 

Currently, I am holding her hand as we are driving towards the cottage inside the forest. She didn't say too much about it, just that she wanted to go there, and I didn't think twice. After all, she is my captain.

The cottage she mentioned is actually an enormous villa surrounded by pine and oak trees. We both got out of the car and she waited for me to walk up to her. She stretched out her hand, and I kissed the palm before placing it on my chest as a gesture that I didn't think would make her approach and snuggle into my chest, like a pixie hiding under a tree branch. I could stay like this forever, but she detached herself and led the way.

She tried to open the door, but it opened by itself. "That's strange! Didn't I close it properly last time?" she said, puzzled. 

She slid inside with me covering her back. Some weird noises were coming from the left wing of the living room that was mesmerizing although I am not an architect to describe in detail the style. 

My fairy tried to go in alone, but I stopped her. "Fairy, stay back. We never know who or what could be there." She wondered if it could be a bear, looking cute as ever. I paused because I couldn't let this moment slip away. I kissed her lips briefly, and she looked at me in surprise. "You were too cute to not be kissed," I justified as I walked towards the groaning sound.

Something told me that those groans weren't from a bear, but something worse. Maribel crossed before me and opened the kitchen door, screaming "Bear! Bro! Eww!" She turned to hide in my chest, and I was ready to dig a hole in the ground just to not witness my princess in that situation ever.

"LEAVE NOW!" Agustin yelled at us, not needing any more screaming we were out of his sight. Fortunately, I didn't see too much because she was on my back when he was hugging and kissing her. "Dios Mio, I need to purify my eyes!" I thought to myself as I was still holding onto my fairy, who started to mumble inside my chest. Then, slowly, she let go of me and started laughing uncontrollably. I had never heard such an ethereal sound in my whole life. Even her little snore was perfect. She is perfect, and whoever dared to hurt her, I will make sure they won't recognize themselves.

A tear slipped involuntary as I knelt before her, laughing her heart out on the couch near the fireplace. "People normally knock before entering somewhere," the ice-cold voice of him, who was standing with his arms crossed after coming from their room in full outfit, interrupted my fairy's melodic laugh and boiled my anger.

"Normal people close the door with a key. We found it open, and thankfully, we were  cause could have been anyone from a robber to wild animals. If you can't care for my princess, then do your deeds inside the room of your house." I stormed against him, who was showing his cocky feathers.

"Don't call my wife your princess. She is just someone you protect. Keep your place, bodyguard!" he retaliated.

"You think you can insult me, businessman, CEO, or whatever you like to call yourself nowadays. She is my princess, my human, my girl, my child, because I have been with her through thick and thin. You haven't even been married for a month and you think you know her. What do you know about her? Nothing, but you had the luxury that I have denied so many stupid people who flock around her to get in her pants. But forget it, from now on, I will not leave her in your custody, because I witnessed how much you care for her safety." I was angry, pissed off with the careless way he had managed her security. And of course, his cocky attitude just fueled my anger, and I couldn't keep my mouth shut.