Mi hada

Chapter 16

"Mi hada"

(Maribel & Robert dating)

Let's go to the moment when they danced for the first time.

Shall we?

Enthralled, he was lost in her eyes whenever she spun around him and fell right into his arms.

“You are not real, I think you came from another dimension where fairies live. By the way, do you know Tinker Bell?” His husky voice rolled into her ears, stupefying her because she never thought a man who looked like he was made of stone could talk like that.

She saw his piercing blue eyes already fixed on her, smiling at his words that she had never heard before.

Men had spoken other words, denigrating her femininity, but here he was, calling her a fairy.

“She lives in Neverland, I live in Netherworld where I have been called many words but never a fairy,” she confessed, knowing she couldn't hide anything from his eyes anymore.

He took her arms and placed them on his chest, wrapping her back in his colossus-like arms.

“In case you didn't know, I am crazy about you…” he chanted the lyrics of the new song that had been playing as they danced for quite some time now.

He kept chanting the lyrics, but she noticed that he only sang part of them.

“Are you trying to say something to me, Robert?” she mumbled, but he heard her.

“Of course I am, my fairy,” he pecked her hair, whispering the words away.

“Are you trying to get inside my pants?” she continued, lowering her voice, but he was able to listen.

“I want more than just to be inside your pants, my fairy. I want to convince your mind that I am the right one.

I want to convince your heart that I am your better half.

I want to convince your soul that I am the missing piece.

After I do this and I have a place in your life, I will remove every piece of fabric that covers our bodies and make love to you, and in doing so, you will forget everything that happened before you had me in your life."

Music had stopped, but he was still holding her in his arms and moving slowly, as they found themselves off the dance floor. 

His words indicated that he wasn't there just for a night or two. He wanted more, and she feared what would happen when he knew her secret.

"Whatever you hear about me, will you give me a chance to tell my side of the story?" she asked raising her head, just like a sunflower does to meet the sun in the morning, waiting for his answer.

"Maribel, I see the darkness in your eyes that comes from a big secret that you have been covering up. It's eating you up because it's something that belongs to you alone. I only hope that what I think isn't true. Otherwise, those who dared to hurt you like that will meet death in the most terrible way possible," he assured her, cupping her face.

She bowed her head in shame and pain about her past.

He gently grabbed her chin and lifted her head.

"It wasn't your fault, mi hada," he whispered over her eager lips.

"They took everything away from me, every first," her voice cracked as her glistening tears appeared.

"I will take their lives, I swear, mi hada," he silently promised, holding her tightly inside his chest and carrying her painful tears in his heart.

Jeremiah appeared and both immediately changed their expressions to a smile.

The rest of the evening belonged to them and Jeremy. He became more convinced that she was the one.

As time went on, they met occasionally, and their first moments together were often spent in a long stare. When he opened his arms, his hada didn't think twice about stepping inside of them, working like a constant current that flowed through his body.

Unfortunately, the act of hugging wasn't something that everyone could witness. Maribel feared her mother and Martin's reaction to her dating someone outside of their social status.

He understood that in order to be with her, he needed to face the hypocritical world of the elite. He saw them as poisonous snakes who wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice their own blood just to maintain their privileged lives.

"I know the time will come when you will get sick of us hiding and probably move away from me. After all, I am not giving anything besides hugs and long stares. But it is hard to be intimate with a man when my body was tarnished in the worst way," she spoke her heart while standing on his arms as usual, but now they were above the clouds, heading home after having been in Miami. Both took the business class instead of using the private jet, sharing the same space until they returned to earth and became once again the bodyguard and Miss Maribel.

His fingertips crossed over her arm, creating a frisson along the way. She felt the tingle of thousands of butterflies flying inside her stomach. The man didn't talk much; he believed that actions spoke louder than words, but he also knew when words were needed.

"I know it may seem cliché what I am about to say, but it is my truth, Maribel," he uttered, and she rose from his chest to get lost in his sunset eyes.

"If you want, request, order, or whatever it may be; I am happy to hold you in my arms for eternity, just cuddling. Just hearing your heartbeat next to mine is everything I want and need to survive each day. I am here until you want me to be, mi hada.

"Keep me forever, my savior," she pecked his nose but didn't go down to his lips.

"At least our first kiss should happen in a romantic place, not inside a plane booth," she thought, snuggling on his chest. A glimpse of a smile appeared on his face as his palm and chest felt her heartbeat.

She hadn't thought that her happiness would be short-lived. They were celebrating Sarahi's victory when Martin gave her the devastating news.

That night, she was broken as a part of her heart was being torn away brutally. Thankfully, he was there.

Maya followed Amor, who hadn't spoken a word since hearing the news, and Maribel stayed inside the car.

Robert revved the engine of the Rolls-Royce and they got out of there.