Amorousness

Chapter 4

Amorousness

Maya POV

In my 25 years of life, I never predicted that I would marry a man that I had only seen once, danced one song with, and kissed for one full hour.

Here I am before the mirror clad in the white dress that arrived at my door this morning.

I still can't believe he can sew and design women's dresses until he showed me the whole process via camera.

He even left his sleep to sew me this dress. I was indecisive about which dress to buy when I went out with Calypso and mom. I discussed it with him and he told me to not search anymore as he would take care of it.

Flashbacks

"Are you going to sew me the wedding dress?" I wondered if I had really heard him right the first time.

"Of course I will, and I have the perfect image in my mind. It will be at your door in two weeks." He bragged about it.

"Would it not be inauspicious for the groom to see the wedding dress before the marriage?"

This was the superstition I grew up with. And throughout my modeling career, I never accepted to wear a white dress, especially not a wedding one.

"Not at all, let me remind you that it is auspicious to see the bride in a wedding dress, not the dress itself."

He was right.

"So you will not be curious to look at how it fits me, whether it's too big or too small." I continued.

"No, in my work, I have never failed, and I will not start with your dress."

"There's always a first time, especially when you don't know my measurements." I teased him.

"On that last point, you're right. And for that, you need to come over to my house, or you can tell me your measurements."

"I am coming to your house, as I need to meet Maribel too."

"I see you as my future wife, baby machine."

That nickname makes me giggle every time I hear it from his mouth.

I opened my wardrobe to the section with new and never used brands.

Maribel was the sweetest fan I had ever met, even though she was three years older than me. Her sincere admiration for my work was honest and touched my heart.

As soon as he announced our engagement to the world at the gala, she came running to me, so genuine in showing her affection.

I know my telling may sound cold and short, but I have been hurt by those I called friends.

Only Calypso has stood by my side since the beginning of my career.

To be honest, she has insisted that I leave that world many times because it was eating me up and not making me happy.

How could I?

When I walked down that runway, the world was mine. I was queen and king. Only a few minutes were worthy to my old self, supporting the whole charade.

I had Robert drive me to his house. He isn't just my driver, but also my first bodyguard.

 "Where are we going Maya?" he asked as we were on the road. Yeah, he doesn't like to spoil me at all, to call me miss, or ma'am, just my name. He is older than me by 10 years and has been working as my bodyguard since I graduated from high school.