Getting to Know Each Other part 2

Chapter 21 

Getting to Know Each Other part 2

Maribel's POV

Stroking his hair as his breath faded inside my chest was something out of this world. I have never been in a position to console another human being, but when I saw his head down and his hand clenched into a fist, breathing rapidly, it reminded me of a girl I met at a madhouse who would do the same whenever she felt overwhelmed. She wasn't raped, but witnessing her family being slaughtered in front of her by the cartel when she was ten years old was something that either teaches you to live with it or destroys you until it takes your breath away.

Sometimes, what happened to me seems insignificant compared to what others have survived or are dealing with. However, whenever I shared my story with others, they were very supportive, especially when I talked about my sixteenth birthday night.

I want to be able to help him recover from whatever put him in that state, but for now, I am enjoying having him on my chest.

He doesn't know yet that I became a primary teacher just to meet him one day. 

I vividly remember that day when I saw him, and when our eyes met, I felt like I was losing my footing and became a butterfly fluttering around. I was there just to give the director an invitation card for the next fundraiser my mom's NGO is planning to help public schools.

But I ended up pleading to become a teacher and I taught my second dream, painting.

My second dream became my salvation as I painted out my pain.

He raised his head and I fell in love once again. “I love you, my love. Whatever is written in our destiny, don't let me go or I will be lost, and I swear I will never come back from my personal inferno.”

My words flew on their own, it was like I wasn't even thinking about them as they became vocal.

I was thinking about how it would be to have a baby with his features, breastfeeding, and his pampering over us would never be less, but my heart wanted more assurance.

A crazy idea was flirting in my mind, so I got up and put him on his feet too. Then I paid because it is my treat day. He found the restaurant, but I will be paying today. He agreed and showed his white pearsl, but what I like most is his crooked tooth.

The next station was the museum.

As I revisited my past, those memories got unlocked and now I craved to share my knowledge.

At first, he gave me a bewildered look, a "what are we doing here" type of look, but as soon as I started to narrate the stories linked with pieces that were restored inside glass boxes, or just hanging on the wall, or resting over tables, he became astonished like a child eager to know more.

I often paused to see him as he inspected the pieces we were allowed to touch.

"Where have you been, love?" I mumbled, but then he looked at me as if to ask what I had said, with his sunset eyes that lifted me higher above the sky. I drifted into my narration, captivating him once more.

I have never felt more alive than I do today. With love and other lessons I have learned, I have mastered my happy facade. I always feared those monsters/hunters, but now I'm not afraid of them anymore. I will control my fear and conquer it.

One thing that caught my attention was when he grabbed my hand as we left the restaurant and never let it go. Standing in front of the car, he released my hand for a quick moment until we were inside, then he grabbed it again. 

"I know you're wondering why I'm holding your hand," he said, bringing the car to life using his other free hand. 

"It's simple, fairy. I want to familiarize my senses with your presence. And when I miss you, I want to come find you immediately and connect with you more than just holding hands." He said, looking into my eyes and electrifying my entire being. I couldn't resist. I didn't want to resist. So, I left my seat and sat on his lap, our intense gaze reflecting our desire in that moment. But then I froze...

As I looked into his deep blue eyes, the fear of rejection took hold of my conscience. What if my actions seemed needy or desperate? I felt tears welling in my eyes as my vision became blurry. I decided to go back to my seat, but then he pulled me towards his chest, almost colliding our lips together.

"Do what you wanted to do! Never hesitate to claim me as your man! This desire is a reward for me. As your man, I am able to awaken the desire inside you. You have the right to use me as you please, but only at the beginning, pixie fairy. When I have free access to your lips, skin, and body, till you exclaim 'Robert, I don't want you,' I will stop at first until I find out the reason for this prohibition. But then I will start again with the same fervor.

So kiss me like you want to quench your thirsty throat."

I don't take orders twice, so I kissed him.

His lips are the riverbanks of my forest roots. Every sip of water that passes through my roots heals the wounds that those vultures left on me. I am blooming even though it is winter here, but I don't care at all because my river is bound to make me whole before spring comes, so we both can enjoy the sunny days as I lie next to him all the way down his riverbank.

I opened my eyes to see him breathless as he slowly opened his eyelids to meet mine.

What a magnificent reflection of myself I see in his watery, piercing blue eyes. I am astounded as I stare, like a child hypnotized by the night stars, his eyes imitate.

Bip bip.

A honk of a car breaks our intense gaze, jolting my body and flipping my heart as a twisted event from my past comes before my eyes.

“I have safely got you in my arms, pixie fairy." His soothing voice brings me back to the present.

I thought I had forgotten that auspicious day when Aura was abducted by a huge car that had the loudest honk ever. I have never seen her since that day. No one seems to know anything about her. Even my mom called me crazy, saying that she was a friend my imagination had invented. But I know well that she was real, and she knew it well too. It was precisely her who thanked the inked hair girl when she brought me to her after my discovery journey in the cave of Los Altos ranch.

"Where do you want to go, fairy?" he asked me, bringing me back to his arms and I had the perfect place in my mind for us to be alone.