His oxygen

Chapter 9

The cake came and it was her choice of taste, both inside and out. She still wonders how a man could love the scent of coconut and vanilla, as she always meets men who prefer strong forest scents, spicy menthol, and eucalyptus. But he is different - soft, just like the sponge cake he offered. To take a bite, he prefers to snuggle his nose in her crook, taking a deep breath and holding it until he tastes the cake she holds on her finger, even licking them too.

The blush that appeared on her cheeks was what he loved most, and he enjoyed witnessing it.

Caught in the flame of love, their desire danced with a strong lust for each other. Not wanting to wait any longer, they headed to their room upstairs.

I might have forgotten to mention that the wedding party was being held in his mansion.

According to tradition, he took her in his arms just as they entered the corridor. Her heart was beating faster than his, which was calmed. 

She kept her hand on his chest, hoping that his heartbeat would change. But nothing happened.

 He put her feet back on the ground and closed the door. The darkness had taken away all the colors from the room, with only the light from the party radiating inside. For a moment, she felt lonely as he wasn't there. She felt like she was all alone, and from any dark corner, a shadow could emerge to take her soul. Now, she was doubting everything. Now, she was afraid of everything.

"This is the darkness you're used to. A darkness full of doubt that causes you pain. But you love the light, that's why you choose to walk in runways. As for me, I love the dark. I prefer to stay backstage and work with moonlight. You, on the other hand, prefer the sunlight.

We may be different, but somehow we found each other. It was fate, destiny, or maybe just a thread..." 

" or perhaps even a contract marriage," she added sadly.

He reassured her, "I told you before that the contract meant nothing to me. We aren't bound by it." His whispered words sent chills down her spine and awakened her senses.

"I can't quite put it into words yet, but there's something between our hearts. You're the first woman who's ever been in this room. You're the first woman I've asked to be my baby machine," he confessed. "In all my experiences with women, I've never felt a connection like the one I have with you. Tonight, I'm happy because I married you and my heart is finally at peace." His words brought her peace as well. As his lips touched her shoulder blade, she froze in place, waiting for more. But nothing came, except for his breath on her ear as he whispered, "Close your eyes" and gently bit her earlobe.

"Mmm," she moaned, obeying and tightly closing her eyes. She could feel the light seeping through her eyelids.

"Now open them slowly," he whispered into her other ear, repeating the action and making her whimper. His hand circled her waist as he breathed in the scent of her hair.

She slowly welcomed the neon light invading her pupils, which became just a small black point in her celestial amber eyes.

When she saw her surroundings, she was amazed. Little could be said to express how astounded and bewildered she felt. Speechless, she moved from his embrace to look around. The lavender colors combined with the regal white created a perfect blending.

"I made this place to adapt to your choices, so you won't miss anything from your life there," he said, his tender voice reaching her ear and bringing her back from the dream she was living.

She never thought he could do something like this. All she ever wanted was to find someone who shared her choices and didn't try to change her like others had before.