17

11.28.2023
Tuesday

Alexa's pov

"Let's go downstairs. Travis is making lunch" Taylor stated, not giving the me a choice.

"Okay, i'll just get a hoodie from my room" i said.

"Take one from here" Taylor said as she threw me a washed out blue eras tour hoodie that she grabbed from her closet.

"Thanks" i said as i tried not to freak out over the fact that i had merch on.

I like having new clothes but don't like spending money, so i mostly just buy the things that i need.

I've been like that ever since i started buying clothes with my own money because i always wanted to save my money to be able to afford to move out as soon as i could.

We went downstairs and Travis was waiting at the table. He was just scrolling through his socials and there was a plate with pancakes on the table along with some syrup and bacon.

Pancakes are my weak spot. And probably the only breakfast food that i'll actually eat.

I used to like other breakfast foods but now bread is a huge no-go for me and i only eat scrambled eggs and cereal during my binges because they're easy to puke out.

"Hey Lex" he said as he stood up and hugged me.

"Hey Trav" i responded.

We all sat at the table as Travis started talking about something that happened at practice today. He got himself a stack of pancakes and a few pieces of bacon, Taylor got herself a smaller stack of pancakes with syrup and fruit and i got 2 pancakes with syrup.

Breakfast actually went pretty smoothly. It might've been because of my brain still not being fully out of the binge mindset.

———————————————————————-

I was sitting next to Taylor on the couch as i got a facetime request from Tina. We used to only text, but after the move, we missed seeing and hearing each other so we started facetiming.

I made sure that i'm the only one visible in the frame and picked up the call. Tina knows that i live with my cousin now but she doesn't know that it's THE Taylor Swift.

I don't know what Tay's comfortable with so i just keep it simple when i talk about her with Tina. I tell her pretty much everything besides Taylor's name and profession.

"Hey, what's up?" i said, looking at the camera when the call connected.

"Hey, not much but there is something wrong with the school's heating system and they have to fix it so we have 2 weeks of off school" She said.

"Why didn't stuff like that happen when i was going there?" i said while laughing.

"I don't know but now i'm gonna have even more time to miss you" she replied.

"I miss you too! It feels like forever since we actually saw each other in person" i said.

"Yeah, and the flight there is so long that even flying over during the holidays wouldn't be be worth it because the holiday breaks are too short" she said sadly.

"Yeah, it's so annoying" i responded.

"Maybe your friend can fly over now that she has the two week break?" Taylor suggested from the other side of the couch.

"Wait, can we do that?" me and Tina said in sync.

"It's fine with me as long as Tina's parents agree" Taylor replied.

"Please tell me that your parents will agree" i said as i looked at Tina over the camera.

"Omg, i hope so, this is so amazing!" Tina said.

"Wait, they're home right now, i'll ask them and call back" she said before she hung up.

"Are you sure about this Tay?" i asked just in case.

"Yeah, it's your best friend and i know that it gets hard when you can't see each other for a long time" she said confidently.

My phone started ringing again and i picked it up instantly.

"They said that they want to talk to your cousin, is that okay?" i looked over to Taylor for a response.

"Yeah, she's fine with it" i answered after seeing Taylor nod.

Tina stood her phone up, so her parents were in the camera frame with her. Taylor moved to sit next to me, so she's visible too.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Martin, this is my cousin Taylor. I live with her." I greeted Tina's parents as Taylor came into view.

Her parents greeted us both and started questioning Taylor about how the visit would go. I wasn't really listening because i was too focused on Tina's expression after seeing Taylor. Her jaw dropped and her eyes went wide as she froze in that position for over 30 seconds. After regaining her composure, she just looked straight at the camera, sending me a glare.

I suppressed a giggle at her reaction, but then she started laughing so i did too. The adults were confused but carried on with their conversation. After about 20 minutes, Tina's parents had all the information they needed for now so they said goodbye to both me and Taylor. Tina walked back to her room still on the call.

"So how will this work?" i asked Taylor because i knew that neither me or Tina were listening to the details of the conversation.

"Tina will be flying here in two days and staying in the guest room for the next week." Taylor said smiling.

"That's amazing and thank you!" Tina responded.

"But what the fuck Alex?" she added right after.

"I technically told you everything besides her name" i said in my own defense.

"Yeah, you could've given me a warning though" she replied. Taylor went back to her previous spot but i heard her laugh at our conversation.

We talked for a while before saying bye and me reminding her what she needs to pack and what i can give to her of mine.

"Thank you again Taylor" i said as i hugged her.

"Of course sweetie. It's about damn time for me to meet your best friend anyway!" she said joking at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!

Let me know if you have any opinions and/or suggestions!

Thank you for being here :)

Take care of yourselves <3