20

12.04.2023
Monday

Alexa's pov

"Do you have any sore throat medicine?" Tina asked as she looked towards me and Taylor.

"Yeah, why are you sick?" Taylor asked with concern lacing her voice.

"No, she never gets sick but our throats are kinda hurting because of the screaming" i said.

"But i thought that you guys went to the cinema?" Tay said.

"So why were you screaming?" Ed asked.

"Oh yeah, we went to see the eras tour movie" my best friend answered.

"Wait, are you guys serious?" Tay asked while laughing.

"Yeah and once again it was amazing!" i responded.

"Yeah, it was so much fun!" Tina added.

"You should've seen her reaction when rep started" i said as i burst with laughter.

"She like gasped so loudly that she had to cover her mouth because we both started laughing after that" i added.

"So you like rep?" Ed asked Tina.

"Yeah, it's my favorite." she replied.

"But now i realized just how badly i need to educate her." i stated.

"Stoppp" my best friend said.

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" the adults asked, visibly confused.

"DON'T SAY IT IN FRONT OF HER DUDE" Tina whisper-yelled.

"The movie was her first time hearing any of folklore, evermore, All too well, and most of midnights." I stated bluntly.

"ALEX!" Tina exclaimed.

"Sorry, but that's just not acceptable" i responded.

"But she's heard them now right?" Ed asked.

"The only thing i could really hear was Alex" my best friend replied.

"Hey, i wasn't that loud" i started.

"Your voice was literally the only one i could hear" she stated looking straight at me.

"PLUS, she only heard the handful of songs that actually made it into the movie" i finished my interrupted sentence.

At that point, both Ed and Taylor were laughing loudly so me and Tina joined in.

"Were you actually screaming, because if you were then i should probably go get those sore throat meds" Tay asked.

"She was and i was just horribly singing" i said.

"Hey, it can't have been that bad" Ed said.

"Yeah, i've never actually heard you sing" Taylor added.

"Oh, there's a good reason for that and it's that i sound like a cat that's being strangled." i stated.

"It can't be that bad, you have to show me sometime!" Tay responded.

"That's not happening, you're literally a professional singer, i can't put you through that" i responded as i laughed again.

—————————————————————

The rest of the night we just hung out together until Ed had to leave.

"Okay, now come on i have to play you at least one album today " i said to my best friend as i stood up.

"Alex, it's not that big of a deal" Tay said as she laughed.

"It is but it's probably a better idea to listen to it here so i don't have to constantly search for definitions on google" i replied.

"It's not that bad!" Taylor exclaimed.

"Oh yeah, cause everyone just knows what gauche, matinée, clandestine or mercurial means." i stated as i looked straight into her eyes.

"I'm sorry, WHAT"  Tina said.

"Okay, okay, you can listen to it here". Taylor responded as she rolled her eyes with a smile.

——————————————————————-

Through the next few days we used Taylor as our human dictionary while i forced my best friend to listen through all of Taylor's discography.

She loved all of it, but both her and my favorite part was that we managed to convince Taylor to play us the reputation vault tracks. They were AMAZING.

Unfortunately, on the 7th, me and Tina shared a teary goodbye as she had to go back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!

I'm sorry for not updating, shitty chapters and any possible grammatical and spelling mistakes.

Tell me if you have any opinions/suggestions.

I don't really do this on here, but i just wanted to touch on the events of the concert on Friday 11.17.

If you somehow don't know, the venue closed the vents, which basically meant that they cut off any airflow causing the temperature inside the stadium to rise to 140°F (60°C).

They also banned the fans from bringing any water and it was difficult to access the store-thing where you can buy water inside.
Taylor herself was struggling on stage, looking anxious as she was scouring the crowd to see if anyone needs help and paused the show twice to distribute water herself.

The stadium staff was refusing to help, so Taylor and her team were trying their best to distribute water to the crowd.

Taylor was gasping for air throughout and at one point near the end had to stop and use a method that's used when you feel like fainting.

An estimate of 1000 people fainted and a 23 year old woman- Ana Benavides died.

I've seen SO many disgusting comments blaming Taylor and making fun of Ana's death.

The only responsible party in this tragedy is T4f, which is the venue that despite knowing Brazilian conditions still did nothing to help.

It was a preventable tragedy.

They chose to prioritize their greed over people's wellbeing and it led to someone losing their life.

I just wanted to say, please think before blaming anyone and do your research because you can't always trust what other people say.

Rest in peace Ana❤️🕊️

Please take care of yourselves and be kind towards others :)

I love you all <3