Chapter One

Mia:

I stalked into the ballroom in my white dress feeling like a nun compared to the other women here. I saw floor length red dresses that showcased the women's chests, and blue strapless dresses on girls younger than me. My white dress went across the shoulders and down to my feet, like i was a 10 year old making my first communion. I felt out of place here but it was what my father wanted. Most 19 year old women wouldn't listen to there fathers when they told them what to wear, but most 19 year olds don't have my life.

My father is very protective over me, I think it's because i'm his only child, or maybe it's because his wife- my mother- died. I'm not allowed to drive, or have friends unless my father meets them and approves-which he never has, I have never owned a phone or gone to high school. My father decides what I eat, wear, and do every second of my life. And i am the good girl who listens. Always have been, Always will be. And thats my life summed up for you.

"My dear come dance with me." My father says snapping me out of my trance, i didn't realize i was just standing in the middle of the ballroom like a creep. "Yes father."

"What were you doing just then?"

"Oh just staring off into space, I was thinking -"

"How many times have i told you not to do that, it's not attractive at all, makes you look dumb."

"Right, sorry father."

"Good girl, now I have business to attend."

He left quickly going over to a group of men. He would never tell me about what he does, just that he is an investor in business and he owns a company. This ball was a way for all the business to come together, and discuss things. I always wanted to be apart of the business one day but I know the rule; no women in the family business. Sometimes I wished instead of a daughter I was a son.

I walked over to the hallway for some air. I knew I shouldn't but i couldn't help myself from staring off into thought. I would be a good looking boy i'm sure. If my hair was short and i took away my eyelashes then maybe i could pass for one. I would probably have to hit the gym like 7 times a week but it was doable, Oh and maybe- BANG

I must of ran right into a wall thats the only possible explanation as my head pounded from the impact. I hit it so hard i bounced back and squeezed my eyes shut waiting for my body to hit the floor. But before that could happen two large hands grabbed my waist and steadied me upright. After a second i opened my eyes and met a large chest, i'm guessing that was what i ran into. I looked up and up and up until i met face. A handsome, godly, oh my god looking face. my eyes widened and i felt heat rush to my cheeks, they no doubt turned red. I ran into a gorgeous man, of course its not like i could have embarrassed myself in front of an ugly man. Chiseled jawline- check, Scar on his eye- check check. Dark green eyes that narrowed down at me- CHECK CHECK CHECK-

I snapped out of my trance blinking away my little moment.

"Im so so sorry, i did not mean to run into you, i was staring off into thought even though i know i shouldn't do that and boom i hit you- although i feel like it was more of impact on me than you- i mean i thought i ran into a wall, nope just your chest, thats hard- not that its a bad thing- and i'm rambling- i'm gonna stop- right now- yep i'm done."

I stared up at the man who's annoyance went away and he looked at me with amusement before returning to his natural glare. His eyes scanned up and down my body as he swiped his hands off my waist, my body immediately giving itself chills.

"Im Mia Bianchi, whats your name?"

He seemed to be more intrigued with me after hearing my name, i hope he wasn't a gold digger. My family has money and i imagine some people will try and take advantage of that.