Chapter eleven

I woke up with a pounding headache. It was so bad that I had to run to the bathroom to puke. When I was in there I turned on the light, not worrying about disturbing anyone, because Diavolo had left me in his room. He was still in his office where his maid said he would be all of the night. I wonder if he got my apology card?

The giant stich on the side of my head was pulsing and I winced as I slightly touched it. I tried not to think about my father. But I was sure this would scar and leave me with a personal reminder that my father was ready to kill me any second. All those rules, all that time I spent not having a life, and just being his pet- His pet. Not his daughter. Diavolo was right. He saw it so quickly, why did it take me so long?

Diavolo was always grumpy and I didnt expect him to be my best friend, but I think we could work on the smiles and the friend part. It would be nice to have one friend. Nice to have someone else to talk to other than Andre or my father. Even if Andre knew about my fathers plans the whole time. I choose to believe he didnt. 

I shook off the thoughts swarming my mind and went to the window, where the sunrise was just starting. Today would be a good day. I walked out of the room with a bright smile on my face. And somehow, somewhere, deep inside I felt a sense of freedom. Even though I was kidnapped. I felt more free than I had ever before. And it felt good. 

"Boss would not be happy about this. Mia come on you're supposed to be on bed rest!"

Liam shouted down at me as I climbed the tree In the yard. Me, buddy, and Liam were throwing around the sticks and I was never the best at sports.. So now I was merely recovering what I lost. 

Liam gave up and backed into his place at the fence, he told me earlier I was giving him grey hairs. HES FOURTEEN!!! He is oddly too mature for his age. And I do not like the fact that he is working a full time job this young. If Diavolo ever started to be nice to me again I would bring that up.

I had been thinking off into space not looking where I was going and as I stepped onto the branch I didnt see how flimsy it was. With a snap I was tumbling to the ground, I hit my arm and hissed as I saw a flash of blood, and As I fell out of the tree I squeezed my eyes shut, preparing to hit the ground and break something. 

But the hit never came. Instead With an oomph I had hit something much softer than the ground. I wiggled around a bit and I knew where I was. 

Slowly, very slowly I opened back my slam shut eyes. Preparing for it.

"Ohh, hey Diavolo. Funny seeing you here-"

"Not. A. Fucking. Word."

I snapped my mouth closed, and didnt say anything as he hauled me back inside. Not even putting me down he took me back into his room and into the connected bathroom. He finally set me on the counter and pinned me with a stare. I gave him a sheepish smile and he rolled his eyes. 

He had moved under me to the drawers and pulled out some bandages and rubbing alcohol. I had forgotten the pain on my arm until I saw it again, little cuts all around my upper elbow, and forearm. Oops.

"What the absolute fuck compelled you to climb a god damn tree when you're recovering from a head injury."

My smile had deflated, he was right. It was stupid of me, and seeing as how I fell what if he wasn't there to catch me, I would have been hurt worse, and I knew that was not good. 

"Sor-"

His alarming stare cut off my sentence. He hates it when I apologize, so I didnt.

"You know you don't have to curse so much."