Chapter fifteen

"Did he buy you all these dresses? Jesus even Nick should have taken notes, he left me with a empty bedrooms, and a Childs shirt... Hey do you mind if I steal one of these.... or three."

I laughed at Carmen at she looked at my closet. Well Diavolos closet. Or Bobs? I wasnt really sure what I was supposed to call him. First he's all don't ask about my name or past- and now its don't say that name. I can't win.

"Knock yourself out, I never really liked dresses anyway."

Without a second thought she started to pull out the array of dresses Diavolo bought for me. I never asked how much they cost. I was too scared I would get the answer I didnt want. I wasn't really sure what I was doing. I mean my old life is out of the photo, and Diavolo hasn't said anything about letting me go. But am I still his captive if I am here willingly? Am I here willingly? Yes... right?

I blocked out the confusing thoughts. For now I am here and I am ready to try and take down whatever my sick father is doing. Just thinking about his work- the same work I wished I could be apart of- no, I didnt know what it was. I have to remember that. 

Davina thank god got me some shirts and pants, and regular clothing. That way I wouldnt have to wear Diavolos stupid dresses everyday.

 I learned that she was a triplet to Damion and Dante, and that Matteo was Carmens brother, Carmen married to Nick has two kids- Santi who is also the name of Carmen and Matteos other brother who passed away- and Isabella Nicks late mom, which would be Diavolos late aunt. And of course Diavolo is the cousin of Nick. But I have no idea anything else about his real family, I assume it falls in the don't ask about it category.

I take a deep breath and go back to watching Carmen go through my dresses. We were picking things out for the ball tonight. We had a small meeting in a hour and Davina insisted we had to start getting ready. She was currently workin on curling her hair and putting on pounds of makeup. I decided to keep my face natural but I didn't oblige Carmen when she asked if I wanted my hair straightened. 

"Ok Dav, the pink is so you. I'll take the blue and Mia I think this green will bring out your eyes."

I smiled at her taking the dress and popping behind the door to change. This was one of my preferred dresses Diavolo got me although I would Never tell him that. Especially not now. God im mortified of what he did to me. I will never be able to look at him in the face, despite when I yelled at him demanding I go to the ball. 

God im an idiot. 

A fist pounded on the door causing all of us to startle a bit. 

"What the hell is taking so long!"

It was Damion, Davina rolled her eyes and Carmen stuck out her tongue even though he couldnt see us. I just let out a small giggle, taking Davinas hand as we left the room- in an utter mess.... oops.

"Finally Jesus- Woah ladies, looking good Carmen"

Damion said with a wink, earning a growl from Nick who shifted closer to Carmen as she blew a kiss to Damion. She laughed at her husbands jealousy. I couldn't help but let out a toothy smile at the couple- even if Nick wasn't the nicest. 

"Davina....You look, nice."

Matteo said from the back of the room. I could have sworn I saw Davina's Already red cheeks blush more than the makeup she originally had on. I looked over to Dante and he nodded his head at me

"How's your head?"

"Better, thanks again by the way."

He shot me a wink before stalking over and knocking on Diavolos office. I suddenly was hot all over and really nervous.