Chapter Two

Mia:

I rushed downstairs trying to avoid the maids and butlers running around my house, my father just says he got a good business deal and suddenly we went from rich to like really rich. I never really cared for all the fancy cars and shoes, in fact my wardrobe is mostly thrifted. I drag Andre all over the place but I know he secretly likes it.

Which reminds me, its time to go to the dog shelter to volunteer. I wanted to say goodbye to my dad first but his office door is closed like usual and that means there is no talking to him at all. He has allways been sort of distant, protective but distant. But now its like he forgets I even exist.

"Ready to go Miss?"

Andre says and I nod my head, climbing in the backseat sliding into the middle. The safest place in the car, just one of the many rules i had to obey. I never thought being a heiress was that important.

"So Andre, how about i sit up front next time, help you with the music- not saying you have bad taste but everyone could use some help- oh and i thought after helping out with the dogs we could go to the bookstore, i could check out some new things- Oh and i also-"

"Mia, miss you know i cant understand you when you ramble."

"Ugh Andre you know I cant help it."

"Mmhm, just hope your father never gets wind that you do."

"not like he would notice."

I mumbled as the car pulled into the lot. Just as Andre opened my door his phone rang, i'm guessing it was my father because he pulled off to the side and took off his sunglasses.

"Mia go inside and volunteer, theres been a mishap at the house ill be back to pick you up soon."

"What? Andre is my father okay, whats happening? What kind of Mishap- ANDRE!"

He ignored me while getting in his car and started to drive back off towards the house leaving me stranded outside the building. I threw my hands up in fustration but knew I couldnt do anything. I wish i had a phone to call my father and check in on him. But I cant have a phone, or friends, I cant even travel outside of my 15 mile town, despite the fact that my father has business trips to all over the place. All i have is a box of the postcards he sends me.

What if he is hurt? Or if someone broke in? But its no good if I just stand here. Least I can do is help some dogs out. I love helping the animals, if not them then its humans. Andre told me my mother used to allways want to help out the less fortunate. I guess I picked up on that gene.

"Lindsey?"

I called out to the empty building. Normally she opens today but the place looked to be open- no note or anything.

"Hmm thats odd."

I said outloud, mainly cause I talk to myself quite often. But as I said it I heard the doorbell to the front door ring, signalling she just walked in the door.

"Oh Lindsey you are here-"

My breath got caught in my throat as I saw who had walked through the door. The man from last night- the one I ran into. The one I took to my father. He raised his eyebrow brining me out of my mind. And I realized I just stood there looking at him like an idiot- god he proably thinks im a freak.

"Sorry for just standing there like an idiot- Your the same guy from last night, sorry again for running into you- Uh I was just not expecting to see you here- not that like you cant be here- just you dont seem like the type to get a pet- And im rambling again- im sorry, im stopping in three, two, one, ok im done."