chapter nine

I walked out of the house, there was no point in running, not when she wouldn't get far. I gave my guards direct orders not to touch, speak, or even look at her. The only one that wasn't there for that order was Liam, he was new and still in training. I knew what she was thinking, the fear that I finally saw in her eyes was refreshing. Even if everything she thought wasn't true. I let myself get to comfortable with her. 

I caught up to where she was. She had vomitted in the grass, understandably so, after she saw that file. She had tricked me, impressive and dangerous. Hence why I enjoyed seeing her look at me with fear and disgust. I let her get to close, trusted her. Like a teenage fool. I pushed that aside as I neared her.

"S- Stay away from me!"

I didn't acknowledge nor answer her.

"If you come any closer ill...."

She looked around, and picked up a stick and held it up. Jesus Christ. it still didnt stop me approaching her. 

She swung, and missed. I knocked the stick out of her hand and pinned her arms behind her back. She struggled and kicked and screamed. I pulled out the familiar white cloth, she saw it and froze. She was drugged and out a second later.

"I wasn't aware you had this much patience in you."

Matteo said from beside me as we looked down at the sleeping woman. She was back in her room, I didn't bother restraining her, she wasn't that much of a threat. 

"It wears thinner and thinner each day."

"Xavier?"

"He texted back before she ran."

I passed him the phone showcasing the message.

"Dinner? He wants to have a meeting over dinner?"

I shrugged my shoulders. Matteo nodded and started to leave before he turned back around.

"If she knew the truth she could possibly help us-"

"No. She doesn't need to be involved."

"Keeping her in the dark fixes nothing"

I didnt answer and he left the room. I stared over her beautiful face. The face of an angel in the hands of a devil. Wild, untamed, beauty. I swiped a piece of hair behind her hair, sighing as I left the room. 

Mia:

I had woken up slightly before the two men left my room. I kept my eyes close and my breath still. Not indicating I had awoken. despite the unwanted butterflies in my stomach that appeared when he tucked my hair behind my ears. I had heard their conversation. 

My father texted back. 

He was going to meet for a dinner/meeting. Would I be attending? I better be. I knew he would come for me. And thank god he is, another second her with these monsters and I didnt know if I would survive. 

I don't know what truth they were talking about, and Diavolo or whatever his stupid  name was obviously didnt want me knowing. 

The whole rest of the day and the next I stayed in my room. No one bothered me about meals and it was Friday night which meant Diavolo was away. Doing god knows what awful things. I sat  with buddy, wondering how I would get him home. My father never allowed me to have a pet, mainly why I volunteered. Maybe he would make an exception just this once. 

Although as exited as I was that my father was coming to save me. I really did wonder how much would change now that I knew his secret. How bad of a man was my father? Surly not as bad as Diavolo.. not after what I saw.