Chapter twenty ;)

I woke up with a sharp pain in my side. My memories of last night were hazy but slowly it all comes back.

The mission going well. We did everything right. Got all the girls free. Were about to sneak away. Until I saw Xavier. His smug fucking face. I pictured Mia in these girls place, what would have happened if I didnt kidnap her. And I fucking snapped. I went after him and did a good amount of damage before someone fucking shot me. I still kept going until Matteo dragged me away.

When I got back all I wanted to do was see Mia. But I didnt want her to see me. Not like this. Especially not with my shirt off. Where all my scars are visible. Between my back and my chest not even the tattoos cover the whip lashes and knifings that coat every inch of my body. I couldnt let her see them.

She was perfect and I was scarred.

Matteo got up from the couch he was sitting at. He must of watched over me last night.

"Dante got the bullet out, and everyone else is gone."

I gave him a nod. I knew the rest of my family and friends were taking off. I was stupid to loose control like that but I don't regret it. I would defend Mia for as long as I live. Even if that means getting shot for her.

"Mia?"

"She slept outside the door, Liam is out there with her now. She refused to leave."

Fuck.

I quickly slipped a shirt on covering up everything and told him to bring her in. He obeyed opening up my study doors.

She stormed past him, walking all the way to the couch scanning my body, looking to see if I was still hurt.

"Im fine Mia."

"Good. Fuck you."

It's safe to say I was stunned. Did she just-

"Fuck you Diavolo. You don't get to just have me dragged out, I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO DIE AND YOU TOLD ME TO LEAVE!"

She called me Diavolo... Fuck what did I do? How did I fuck up this fucking bad. I needed a fucking drink.

"You didnt need to see me like that."

"You don't get to decide that for me."

I sighed, trying to stand up but failing. I fell back down in the couch and put a hand to my taped up wound still covered by my shirt.

"What do you want me to say Mia. I don't fucking want you around all the god damn time. Maybe I just wanted a fucking break after your dad fucking shot me."

I was mad that I couldnt get up and I don't even know what I was saying. As I watched her physically recoil back I knew I shouldn't have said anything.

"My- My dad...shot you. A- and you're blaming that on me?"

"What? No fuck Mia I jus-"

"I- Im gonna go."

"Mia."

"I would say don't follow me but you can't anyway. If you don't want me around all the time, don't worry about it, I'll leave."

"Mia stop you know that not-"

She was gone. Fuck. I pushed myself up despite the burning pain, and I forced myself to keep going I couldnt let her leave.

I overheard her by the front door, just as I was passing the entry way, my stitches about to burst open.

"Let me out Liam. Im not kidding. I can't put up with that. Not after 19 years with my father. I won't be degraded like that again. I don't deserve it. The worst part is he helped me see that."