Chapter seven

Mia:

I sat at the breakfast table, at the head, while Diavolo sat at the other. This time I was not chained down which I was grateful for. I was also eating now. My old volunteer shirt and jeans have been no where to be seen, now every morning Im given another dress to change into. The one this morning is just as skimpy, but it's a light lavender purple. My bare feet are cold against the freezing stone floor, and Diavolo sits at the head drinking what looks to be coffee.

I don't know why my mind feels the need to do this but the words are out before I can stop them.

"Thank you for the food...And for what you did with Buddy."

I just freaking thanked my kidnapper. AM I CRAZY? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? Im the worst captive ever in the history of captives. He looked up from whatever he was doing on his phone. With a single blink, he looked back down at his phone.

"Your welcome angel."

Any bit of thanks I had flew out the window. Replaced with annoyance and rage. Angel? Why is does he keep calling me that?!

"My name is Mia. Not angel."

He didn't even bother looking up this time.

"My apologies angel."

I scoffed and fought back the urge to roll my eyes. Don't ask me why I did what I did next because I couldn't tell you. I had picked up a buttered piece of toast and threw it at him. It missed, by a long shot... Landing on the floor beside him. Although it got his attention. My eyes were wide, even I was surprised I did that as he asked calmly,

"Did you just throw a piece of toast at me?"

I thought he would get angry but he didn't even give me a second glance. Whatever he was doing on his phone seemed to be more Important.

"You know your brain will rot from that thing and Im going to sit back and watch."

If I didn't know any better I could have sworn I saw the faintest smile approach his lips, seeing that one dimple appear for such a split second I could have imagined it. I blinked and His face was back to normal. Great Ive been here so long im starting to hallucinate.

"Im sure you would love to see me rotting dead."

"no, I wouldn't wish death on anyone.. not even you."

It was true. I always try to remember my mothers death, but she died shortly after I was born. I wish I could recall any memories I had with her. And I don't wish anyone having to go through that, especially my father, he lost his wife.

He looked at me, really looked at me not just a quick glance. He opened his mouth, closed it, and then opened it again.

"If you really knew me, and the things Ive done, your opinion would change."

I didn't say anything, because I wasn't entirely sure if he was right or not. I wanted to argue but he was right, I didn't know him. He could have done awful things- but something in my gut tells me that that's not the case. He seems dangerous but I get the impression he is not a monster. Not that I would ever admit that. God I really am going crazy in here.

All of the sudden the front door behind me burst open, I flinch in my chair at the loud noise and am too scared to look behind me, when Diavolo gets up gun in hand. It must have been in his pocket because there's no way he could have gotten to one so fast. That terrified me even more. To my surprise though when I finally opened my eyes back up he was in front of me, holding out an arm to keep me back. Was he protecting me?

I shoved that thought aside as another man came in speaking.

"Sorry boss, Found these two wondering near the back wall. They're all Xaviers men."